Dark Funeral Tour Cancelled

Clarky

Youth Attack!
May 19, 2002
Melbourne
Taken From Metalshop
Sep 2: Dark Funeral tour cancelled

The Australasian Dark Funeral tour has been cancelled.

The reason cited, via the Australian promoter, is that the band have
failed to communicate with any of the four Australasian promoters
involved in the Asian and Australian dates in over a month, and such
disorganisation can only lead to chaos, confusion and disappointment from fans who expect the band to live up to their commitments.

The promoter regrets having to cancel the shows, but considering that he has spent over two months organising the tour, and working in conjunction with the Asian promoters to make this happen, it is deeply frustrating for him, and he does not wish this to be revisited on the
fans.

Unfortunately an unprofessional attitude from Dark Funeral has lead to this circumstance.

TYPICAL UNPROFESSIONAL BLACK METAL FUCKS!

Originally posted by Goreripper
I told you black metal bands were notoriously unprofessional. They could learn a lot from the Australian BM scene.

:lol: Yes!

It's all part of the volatile life of an Australian metal fan. I suppose it's incumbent upon me now to see some of these gigs that are materialising from all corners.

But yeah, Dark Funeral is a major disappointment.... :mad:

I got this reply from Dark Funeral from a record store website in New Zealand :

DARK FUNERAL SLAG PROMOTER

We received the following email from Dark Funeral in response to the earlier email distributed by the promoter of their alleged Australasion tour. We print it verbatim - just remember they're Swedish so English is their second language ...

This is from Dark Funeral telling the truth about what happened....

We have not canceled anything, this is soooooo f#cked up... We did not know about this tour until about 3 weeks ago, and now the promotor are blaming us for it??? Do not believe a word that doesn't come directly from us!!!!! If the promotor only would have contacted us in person, and let us know that we had a tour in Aus....We would have done it.

There is nothing more I want to do that play a show for you guys, but if I do not know about it, it is very hard to be there ontime. Will try to make a statement about this to the fans on your side of the world, so everyone know the truth..

Hope you understand, that it is not Dark Funeral who cancelled, we just didn't know and the agency f#cked it all up..

Yours
Caligula.
DARK FUNERAL
So maybe it's not the black metal bands who are unprofessional? Who can tell.........

i would still tend to think it would be dark funeral's fault
not only does his guitarist leave weeks before the tour, and now this.
everyone knows what blackmetal bands are like
this shit has happened before
like when dimmu tour never happened

How can they not know about the tour? Promoters just don't say "oh, let's put this band on now!" and start booking venues, they go deep into discussions with bands about profit/loss analysis, promotions, etc. before they even decide if it's worth taking a risk on any bands!

It was definitely more than 3 weeks ago that I heard about the tour, that's for sure!

Interesting.....

Sounds like DF trying to save a bit of face, if you ask me. This tour was announced as early as July, and that was more than three weeks ago. Even if the band did only learn of it then, that's plenty of time to let the promoter know if they want to do it or not! As for the Dimmy Booger tour, that was the promoter's fault, and knowing the promoter (the same guy who didn't think it necessary to let 500 people know a certain band had to cancel their show because of a certain singer's certain throat problem, hence causing a riot!), that doesn't surprise me.

I was really excited when I heard Dark Funeral were coming to Australia.
Especially when I heard the Band was coming to Adelaide.
I will wait for a official anouncement from the band.
I still hope Dark Funeral tour australia.

Originally posted by Goreripper
Don't hold your breath.

Well, obviously. It's going to be at least a few weeks before this all sorts itself out, and by that time the poor lad will be long gone...

The same thing has happened with Opeth about 4 times now. They always say there's a tour planned for Australia, and they give the month they'll be coming, then they just don't show up. It's not a one off either, they've done it again and again and again.

Why don't they just shut up until they're fucking standing Australia??