dark suns

JiggZ

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2005
ratm6.free.fr
Does somebody know this german prog metal band? Their last release "Existence" is very goood ;-)
They have just done an European tour with Pain Of Salvation (in april).
I saw them in Paris, they made a good show but the sound mixing was bad so I couldn't appreciated their music..
I suggest that you listen to their song named "a slumbering portrait", if you don't know them at all.
Mikael Akerfeldt (where is the ° in this keyboard??) himself was very impressed by their second release.

There's an interview of Maik KNAPPE (guitarist) here : http://antithetik.free.fr/darksuns.html
It's in french but you may translate it with google :p

Yeah. A fine hybrid between PoS and Opeth. And they are from east germany too! Leftist countries rule .

^

They're nothing like opeth OR PoS.

And yes, I almost typed their instead of they're, but I corrected myself which is why I am better than the average Joe.

Oinkness said:
^

They're nothing like opeth OR PoS.

And yes, I almost typed their instead of they're, but I corrected myself which is why I am better than the average Joe.

It hurts my head trying to understand Oink. Must be my brain de-evolving to translate.

if it wasnt you posting they arent similar to PoS/Opeth, i would actually lose faith in mankind.

I listened to both Dark Sun CDs, and I found them very boring and unoriginal, and none of the songs were memorable.