Dark Tranquillity Fans...Is This An Okay B-Movie? Portion?

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
This video from YouTube is a ten minute piece from the hour and seven minute long feature titled "The Revenant." It is largely a silent film for the first twenty two minutes and the final fourty five has sound. This first excerpt and the upcoming second are the opening silent parts of the film.

I'm hoping to get the second part up as soon as possible, though when watching it, it will only be the first third of the film. But it still is fun for those that like silent films and grainy, low budget horror movies.

So enjoy! And if you don't like it, feel free to post your displeasure...I love all commentary!

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it without sounds, so maybe I'm missing something major in the soundtrack, but so far all I can say is that it's really slow. He's a lost, depressed man: we get it. Although I'm sure you're concentrating on the atmosphere more than on the story (and indeed the nature shots look nicely melancholic), it'd probably be best to add some plot points - or edit some footage out.

I'm no movie critic and maybe this is exactly what people like, though, so feel free to consider this the court's dissenting opinion. ;)

No, no! I appreciate your opinion. Thank you for voicing it...

I do agree with you, though...the pacing is slow and most of the response for the video has been that there really is no story.

I think you should watch the whole thing to get a better idea, but I think with the pacing (which is like that through the whole thing), most peoples opinions would probably stay the same. I was thinking about putting the whole thing on a free download site or in it's entirety on Google...or both.

But thanks again for watching the video!

On the other hand, if your goal is a mainly atmospheric movie I don't think you should sacrifice that much to plot... I know it may sound inconsistent with what I posted earlier, but maybe there are ways to make it seem less slow without actually adding Mysterious Heroic Adventures.

By the way, are you interested in making movies on a professional level or just having fun?

I would love to make movies as a job...who wouldn't?

But I'm being realistic at the moment, and doing the amateur thing, since my connections to the business are really not that good. All I can really do is build up a resume on my own. And that's what I intend to do...make shorts and features and post them online and get them on local television. I aired the whole movie on my local television station here in Ventura, California to a grand total of two people! :lol: Of course...that's two 'confirmed' people (and one of them was my grandma!), so I don't know how many really saw it...