Dark Tranquillity @ Lincoln Theater in Raleigh, NC

Not a big fan...and while I would like to see Firewind again....just not into the rest of the line up.

Leaning more to the Zappa plays Zappa show as I have heard it is not to be missed....always liked Frank.

I gotta read these forums more than once every 6 months! I would have loved to see Firewind in my backyard! Crap!!!

Here are my 2 cents about this show:

1) NC Metalheads remind me of Puerto Rican metalheads(the ones actually in the island), they bitch no one comes to play nearby, but when they do, they dont go to the shows. Mikael said something similar when they played Lost to Apathy...still it wasnt a terrible turnout.
2) The cover of Domination was awesome, props to the band that played before Firewind.
3) Firewind made me feel like I was in Prog Power or something. Great musicianship, showmanship and awesomeness-ship(?)...
4) Divine Heresy - Their drummer is amazing, I could sit there and just watch him play for hours and not get bored. The music itself? angry-jock metal that would appeal to fans of Lamb of God or some american death metal bands. I liked some songs, and I am a big fan of Dino himself, so it wasnt a total bust. The singer though...he didnt have a bad voice, but his stage antics just made me laugh out loud(and I did a few times), this brootal act bores me to tears.
5) Dark Tranquillity -What can I say, after 3 failed attempts at seeing these guys I finally got to see them, front row, right in front of Mikael...it was an amazing experience. The band was 100 times better live than I thought(thanks to that dvd they put out i was hesitant), they didnt play anything off of my favorite album(Projector) but they still had a great setlist focusing on the faster stuff. The sound was great and it seemed to me like they played all the songs perfectly. Cant wait to see them again.

Overall, good show, would have been great if more ppl had come, but still, if DT comes by again, i will be first in line to see them!

Drove by about 10:30 while I was picking up my son from graduation (plays in the band) and saw the lot pretty empty, not a good sign. Like Firewind, bit so not into the other bands so this is one of those times I really felt that it was not worth it.

An estimate of how many ppl was at the show anyone? I saw Lacuna/Shadows Fall @ the Lincoln and it was sold out, I'd say around 700-800 ppl. I dunno the capacity of Lincoln, but a cozy place for a show. Would've loved to see Firewind and Gus G kick some major ass!!!!