Darkadian WIP - new bits & solo now added

I personally prefer the snare to be a tad quieter - the guitars and the vox, especially come up front better. Now, I have a question about the solos, have you automated the rhythm guitars down? Because I think they could be a little behind the solo.

I may just take two of the four guitars away during the solo part so they automatically come down in volume. This part wasn't originally meant to be solo'd over but we re-arranged it.

Also, are you basically saying the guitars need to come up? Because that's how I'm feeling about it too. Also, I'm not 100% sold on the snare sound. I'm thinkin about going back to the snare we had in the first place!

I may just take two of the four guitars away during the solo part so they automatically come down in volume.
Good idea!

Also, are you basically saying the guitars need to come up? Because that's how I'm feeling about it too.
IMO yes, in relation to the snare. So it'd be easier to turn it down a bit.

Also, I'm not 100% sold on the snare sound. I'm thinkin about going back to the snare we had in the first place!
I think it is great. Not having head the first version, I like its sound as it is now.

Also, just as an afterthought from playing around with snares - Anybody know the difference between the PZ and Z samples in Slate drums? For example I have a Snare3PZ1 and a Snare3Z1. There's barely any difference between the two frankly, and I was just wondering what that's all about?

Yeah, I think its been tweaked a little since that initial post though. That riff I posted them with was on a 6 string in drop Db, this is on a 7 string in Bb standard, so I've scooped more mids, and lo-passed them slightly higher for a touch more "air" (tends to help with the mud of low tunings)