DARKER HALF, ANNO DOMINI & HELLBRINGER to play Metal For The Masses July 10th.

Metal Evilution is very proud to announce that 3 of our bands are chosen to be part of legendary Metal Store UTOPIA records huge 30th anniversary show:Metal For The Masses.

Should be awesome!!!:kickass:

MFTM_A3PosterPRINT1-2.jpg

If i dont go to the Everton soccer match @ homebush ill be there. I wanna catch around half of the bands and support Aussie festivals!

This week a special Utopia Anniversary and Sydney Metal feature was run in Drum Media (Sydney street press) but part of it was messed up by their printer and the article that featured an interview with some of the headlining bands about the event and local Metal scene did not go to print.
This is a real shame as it was a good article with relevant points of view and the musicians contributions were really appreciated by Utopia and all invilved in this party.
Attached is a weblink to how the article should have looked.

See ya Saturday.

cheers :kickass:

http://streetpress.com.au/online_mags/DM_METAL_FEATURE/

There was a pretty decent crowd, if I had known there was no pass outs from the venue I definitely wouldn't have gone. I had plans to skip daysend and switchblade to go to the lansdowne meet up with some friends, have some dinner and have a couple of jugs of Boags. Instead I had to pay almost 5 bucks for a rissole paddy on a bun tasted like shit and was far from filling and $7.50 per drink not happy. On the plus side the bands were pretty awesome

Man that sounds good and bad. Did you see Daysend and Switchblade then? Are they any different from what I remember?

How long since you've seen them?

Big thanks to all who got down to the show early for all our bands. Even though doors were delayed in opening there was still a good solid bunch of Metal fans running in early to support HELLBRINGER and by the time ANNO DOMINI and DARKER HALF hit the stage there was a couple of hundred people in the room. All bands played really well and i must say it seemed ANNO especially impressed a lot of new people.
Turnout was just over 400 from what i heard.
A great day of Aussie Metal. Let's hope Utopia keep more of these events rolling out.:D

How long since you've seen them?

Big thanks to all who got down to the show early for all our bands. Even though doors were delayed in opening there was still a good solid bunch of Metal fans running in early to support HELLBRINGER and by the time ANNO DOMINI and DARKER HALF hit the stage there was a couple of hundred people in the room. All bands played really well and i must say it seemed ANNO especially impressed a lot of new people.
Turnout was just over 400 from what i heard.
A great day of Aussie Metal. Let's hope Utopia keep more of these events rolling out.:D

The last I saw Switchblade was either at the TM farewell show or at some all ages gig, I'm not quite sure on dates here.
Daysend would have been the last international support they had, when they had almost every international support.
400 is a great turnout!! Should definitely make people consider putting on more gigs.

An excellent day! had a feed at the Lansdowne before the show.First time seeing Hellbringer.will definitely go and see them again.didn't really see Anno set as i was out on the balcony catching up with a few people.Darker Half played a great set as usual although i couldn't really hear the keyboards.Enjoyed most of the other bands and then got to see Mortal Sin play the entire Mayhemic Destruction album from start to finish!:kickass::headbang: