Darkness By Oath - In An Obscure Eternity

Triscore

Auryn Studios
Jan 21, 2010
Basque Country
www.aurynstudios.com
Hey Guys...

This is the preview song of the new album of my band Darkness By Oath. I have recorded, mixed and mastered. Marco (mago) has helped me tons in the process!!. (thousand thanks dude!!). The album will be release worldwide by Cyclone Empire at 2012/03/23.

Hope you like it the song and sound!!! (youtube sucks a bit, but for a preview...)

Cheers

T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! I´d say way too generic for the genre, same with the songwriting, but still good, everything is well balanced, drums are a bit too upfront and samply but that´s how they´re supposed to sound for the genre I guess

Hey Dan!. Thanks a lot for your opinion dude, really appreciate it. yeah!, it´s not an innovate music or new music, we only play the music that we loved all time, melodic death metal early/middle ´90. The album have songs more heaviest and another ones more death metal, mixture of them, you know...generic I think, can be!!, but our intention is this. Today a lot of melodic death metal band, mix samplers, modern metal or new elements to innovate something in this style, and become this in metalcore and so... ok, not bad for people that like this!!, but today bands like eucharist, sacrilege, at the gates ...is not on the top, and we only like this kind of music, as you said... your opinion is really positive for me! :)

Thanks dude for your time! :wave:

very good mix, but drums realy little bit upfront. tell more about recording chain and mixing, what samples on drums ? sounding great)

very good mix, but drums realy little bit upfront. tell more about recording chain and mixing, what samples on drums ? sounding great)

Thanks a lot dude. The chain was Universal Audio LA-610 MKII and RME Fireface 800. All was recorded with 2 this. Mics, sm57, MD421, Rode NT2, ....you know!, realy standard mics. Kick10, snare3p, and a standard snare from
Avatar kit of SD2.0 it was the samples, obviusly mixed with real one. The amps was 5150 and Krank Rev+.