Flaming Death

It must have been strange
Jul 23, 2002
VA
www.dalenet.com
Darkness Remains
To Touch The Depths of Sorrow
Tribunal Records

Tribunal is a record label based in North Carolina, USA and is mostly known for its great hardcore/metalcore bands and has had some cool metal such as Daylight Dies. Darkness Remains is another great band still on Tribunal.

Let me begin by saying this band is really cool and makes really good music. I only had 2 mp3s but when I met the guitarist/singer Jon Fralick I quickly bought the album from him. Darkness Remains plays technical melodic death metal influenced greatly by the legendary Death. To Touch The Depths of Sorrow is killer album to say the least, 8 slabs of quality metal. Slight use of piano and acoustic guitar give this album and extra atmosphere that really adds to the overall sound.

Production on this album is not superb but it is still crushing and nothing is lost in the sound. Drumming on this album is really good too; it definitely reminds me of something that the legendary Gene Hoglan of Death, SYL, and Death Angel would do. The guitar solos are great and not overly virtuoso. The only thing about this album I don’t think is great is the vocals, but not to fear Jon Fralick has taken over all vocal and guitar duties. The vocals are still good on this album so don't worry.

Even though you can tell who influences these guys doesn’t mean they don’t have a unique sound because they do. To Touch The Depths of Sorrow is a phenomenal debut by some very talented young musicians and I am looking forward to their next release in February titled Lamia. Track suggestion is These Ghosts Forever available at www.mp3.com/darknessremains also try www.mp3.com/tribunalrecords

Jon

Tracks
Death On Wings
These Ghosts Forever
Under Eternity
The Pawn That Could Not
Warsaw
The Quest
Darkness Remains
A Grave Too Shallow

www.urkraft.tk to check out many more reviews