Darkthrone launches TYRANT SYNDICATE label!

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
A NEW DAWN FOR DARKTHRONE
YORKSHIRE, JULY 26TH 2004

PEACEVILLE RECORDS is extremely proud to announce a
new collaboration with the DARKTHRONE members.

DARKTHRONE LAUNCH OWN LABEL -
TYRANT SYNDICATE PRODUCTIONS

Following a road trip of English and Scottish medieval castles last year with the Peaceville crew, the two members of Darkthrone - Nocturno Culto and Fenriz - expressed an ambition to expand Darkthrone operations outside of the usual 'album a year' format. With a keen musical ear and excellent positioning within the scene it seemed obvious that one way forward would be to launch their own designer label. Given that they don't have the time to run it on a day-to-day basis, the union with Peaceville was an obvious choice.

So, here we are, the label is set up and a signing has been made - Norway's AURA NOIR !!

Their label debut "THE MERCILESS" (CDTYRANT1) is a speedy head rush of old school thrash metal. The riffing will get under your skin and stay there.

Nocturno Culto of DARKTHRONE has this to say about the label:

"Tyrant Syndicate Productions is a result of a collaboration with Peaceville on the one hand and Fenriz and myself on the other. The general running of the label has fallen on me, mostly as I'm much more involved in technology than Fenriz, and besides, I want to do it. When the Peaceville people were interested in setting up a label for us, our mind began to circle around what to do with what can be called our extended music-related freedom, and we soon had a plan.

We are aiming for exclusive releases only. We want high-credibility underground bands, both known and unknown. Time is working FOR US now, and we have all the time in the world. Tyrant Syndicate Prod. will prove to the metal community that we have the ability to release what is supreme metal. The first band we have signed is Aura Noir from Oslo, with their new album "The Merciless". This masterpiece will be an indication on the quality-level we are aiming for, and therefore it's our responsibility to follow things up after this release. Since our releases go through the usually Peaceville channels, the result will be a high-quality, well-distributed product that will have great impact wherever you can get these products. And luckily, there are still loads of great metal-acts left in the world...."

Nocturno Culto
President, Tyrant Syndicate

The label is currently in the process of setting up their own PO BOX for demo submissions. An announcement will be made in one month’s time with the address.
Source: www.peaceville.co.uk

Discuss.

I'm looking forward to this new label of Darkthrone, I can't wait to see who else they sign. Fenriz is as oldschool as they come, he kicks ass and has a great taste in everything from Metal to old Punk. :headbang:

Indeed. Fenriz was DJ at the biggest metal festival in Norway, the Inferno Festival, this Easter. He played great music exclusively, everything from old-school black metal to Misfits. Hopefully this label will reflect his taste in music.

henrikmain said:
Hopefully this label will reflect his taste in music.

It will most likely. Hopefully he can add more vocal chops to the next Aura Noir record, he has the PERFECT voice for their style of music (His voice resembles Tom Warrior in his Hellhammer days). \m/

Jean-Pierre said:
It will most likely. Hopefully he can add more vocal chops to the next Aura Noir record, he has the PERFECT voice for their style of music (His voice resembles Tom Warrior in his Hellhammer days). \m/
Agreed. Panzerfaust has been credited as the lost Celtic Frost/Hellhammer album.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Agreed. Panzerfaust has been credited as the lost Celtic Frost/Hellhammer album.

Well, have you ever heard him do vocals for that one Aura Noir song "Mirage"? He's a dead ringer for Tom's old Hellhammer days.