Darkwater - Epic Swedish melodic prog metal

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
If you enjoy big ol' crunching melodic prog metal which is what probably 70-80% of the board then you are going to love this band if you don't know them already. Big melodies, nice crunching and massive vocal melodies all over the shop. They have a new album out in November but here are the songs from the previous cd in 2007. Pretty damn amazing shit if you ask me even if they are Jesus freaks! Check this 10 minute epic. Hopefully they will have improved and matured even further on their new album.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a little late to the table here with Darkwater. They've definitely had their mentions on this board. Even been nominated for the fest I believe. Great progressive metal with an even greater message. Glad you found them.

Hahaha ... no kidding !! I dig the passion that fire breath shows, but by all means feel free to consolidate some of these threads on occasion. It's not like we really need a seperate thread for every single obscure new band that is presented.

Britt

have this album available next week at the fest and exclusive distribution by Nightmare/ Sony /Red in North America for the bands upcoming album coming "Where Stories End" Nov 23rd to North America as previously mentioned.

I always buy one 'blind' album from your table Lance every year. A few years back as I was walking up to the table you had this on the boombox if I remember right. One of my best purchases that year as I still cannot stop spinning the first album when I pull it out

So glad they have finally followed it up
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

This is one extremely excellent album! One of my all-time favorites. I'll have to get the new one. Hmmm... now that I think about it, it has been a little while since I last spun that....

I pulled this out again and gave it a listen. Holy shit, I forgot just how awesome this album really is, as it has been a little while since I last listened to it. I am so looking forward to hearing the new one now!

:lol: In all seriousness though, I do appreciate when Firebreath does this as there have been some I haven't heard of that have gone into my wishlists. This is one of them.

It isnt like he is digging up rarities. He basically just goes to Youtube and like anyone else....types in "power metal". Eventually he finds something worth while and presto....a new post. Most of the bands have been discussed here many times way before.

It isnt like he is digging up rarities. He basically just goes to Youtube and like anyone else....types in "power metal". Eventually he finds something worth while and presto....a new post. Most of the bands have been discussed here many times way before.

Not rarities most likely, but in some cases there are some I haven't heard of. That's just me though. Maybe he does love doing that a bit too much though. :lol:

Actually that's not what I'm doing at all. 90% of the time I am only interested in new releases and if you look carefully you will see the vast majority of my posts are about bands with new albums on the horizon. Take Darkwater for example. I saw on metal archives that they are due for release and I had never heard of them so I tried youtube or myspace and found the album is not due until Nov but their previous shit is good too. My main source of finding new albums is metal archives and some sites which list forthcoming releases. If anybody else could be bothered they could easily do what I do. I am all about NEW stuff and rarely delve into old bands and my intention is far from unearthing rarities. Just correcting your misconceptions. :)

Once again, BobTheDork errrr I'm mean "great" opens mouth; & inserts foot.

There's nothing worse than a forum snob & since no one is making you read Fire Breath's threads; how about you move on and quit your whining.

BobTheDork --->
0060-0807-3002-2211_Baby_Crying_clipart_image.jpg

boy, you got me. Wow. I must say you are super clever.

Like most people who post here they should just do one post and add to it. I did that when I posted the NWOBHM and trad band post a year ago. I just kept adding to it and let people also add. It save the forum from being flooded.