Darkwater-Human

Some more details here:
DARKWATER ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM HUMAN

DarkwaterHuman.jpg

Reactions: Kez
Was a casual fan of this band and still am. This sounds good and glad to see them still putting out quality music.

Brand

DARKWATER - FEELING ALIVE

"....Vocalist Henrik Båth talked to BraveWords about Human, being gone for so long, and what’s in store for the future....

BraveWords: Any plans to tour and also will we have to wait another 9 years for the next Darkwater opus?

Henrik: “We'd love to get out and play as much as possible, we are in contact with some different festivals so we'll see what happens. It's not gonna be another 9 years that's for sure. We are extremely happy to be back and we will stay here.” .... "

Future PPUSA appearance maybe...? Fingers crossed...

Reactions: Mardoch
Hot shit another Kadinja fan in the wild! I'm loving both albums as well, but not sure what my current year's top looks like.

Hah, I think we follow each other on Bandcamp!! I saw you buy their record last year, listened, and it was awesome.

Reactions: Mardoch
I'm going to be a (minor) voice of dissent on this one. While I do love a lot of things about this album, it has some shortcomings that keep me from wanting to come back to it too much.

My biggest complaint (and this is EXTREMELY rare coming from me) is that it's too bloated. I don't mind a good 76 minute album, but this one feels artificially dragged out to make it 76 minutes. Numerous songs on here feel like they have 1.5-2.5 minutes "forced" into them, rather than letting them run their natural course.

Additionally, the last several songs (3-4) all pretty much are the same song repeated. They all follow the same structure, same progression, and end up somewhat blurring together as they cover something like 25-30 minutes of the album. I do love the first four full songs, but even with those a couple could do with a little editing.

Those criticisms aside, the musicianship, the vocals, the mix all are spectacular. Objectively, this is probably the "best" disc I've heard all year, but by year's end I would be stunned if it was nearly my "favorite".

I'm going to be a (minor) voice of dissent on this one. While I do love a lot of things about this album, it has some shortcomings that keep me from wanting to come back to it too much.

My biggest complaint (and this is EXTREMELY rare coming from me) is that it's too bloated. I don't mind a good 76 minute album, but this one feels artificially dragged out to make it 76 minutes. Numerous songs on here feel like they have 1.5-2.5 minutes "forced" into them, rather than letting them run their natural course.

Additionally, the last several songs (3-4) all pretty much are the same song repeated. They all follow the same structure, same progression, and end up somewhat blurring together as they cover something like 25-30 minutes of the album. I do love the first four full songs, but even with those a couple could do with a little editing.

Those criticisms aside, the musicianship, the vocals, the mix all are spectacular. Objectively, this is probably the "best" disc I've heard all year, but by year's end I would be stunned if it was nearly my "favorite".

*** That could be the biggest disagreement you and I have ever had in our years ..... I remember when this disc first came out, I was going to PM you and declare that this was disc of the year for me, and that I knew you were going to go crazy over this one ....... I never got to it, and with the board going down and all, haven't had a chance to discuss it more...... but I was way off on this one with you ....... I know you're digging it, but I figured you'd be flying the flag with me on this one ...... :dopey:

This is just so good. Hits all the rights spots, such great keys and atmosphere. Already desert island level for me.

This is definately a great prog metal disc. My fave in that style in 2019 so far for sure. This is quite prog of course, but not too much (if that makes sense), and so melodic. Excellent stuff!