DATE!! (Member profiles or something)

Windom Pearl

HUGGY!!!!
May 31, 2001
Tampere, Finland
www.farmakonband.com
OK, I try to build up some stupid gay member profile here.
We can always delete this.

Marko, Vocals / Bass

Been doing:
Singing - always
Growling - 2,5 years
Bass - 6 years
Guitar - 11 years (non-active way)
No lessons in any of these. A half year of keyboards is all I've taken.

Gayear:

Bass - Ibanez BTB 505
Amps : I DUNNO SHOOT ME. The other one is Acoustic, model...eh. Jaco Pastorius used Acoustic! At least that's what everybody keep telling me.

Electric guitars - Jackson PS-4, Maison Detune Constant
Classical guitar - Good ol' Landola!
Amps: Fender...something.

A didgeridoo. Yey. I'm a total novice in playing it.

Former bands: Thales, Planar Gallery, Pungee

The essential albums of the essential bands:

Helloween : Chameleon
Opeth : Still Life
Mr Bungle : California
Faith No More: The whole Patton-era
Katatonia : Discouraged Ones

Other good music:

Anything involving Mike Patton goes, total crap or not.
Sarah Vaughan, Miles Davis (I'm trying to get a hang of jazz)
Portishead, Massive Attack, Chroma Key (Triphop = good)
The early stuff by Tom Waits
Angelo Badalamenti (Twin Peaks soundtracks...love them.)
Devil Doll (Artsy, artsy)

Unsorted keywords:

Coffee, Herbal teas, Bubble Bobble, Master of Orion 1, ADOM, Peeing constantly, Irish Stouts, Vana Tallinn, Pelit Magazine 1992-1997, Peanuts, Twin Peaks, The Prisoner, Moominland Midwinter

Goddamnit. Wouldn't it be easier if people just asked? /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

could do the trick...

Lassi, Guitars

Been doing:
Classical guitar - 13 years, much less after 6 years
Electric Guitar - 7 year or something like that...

Gayear:

Electric guitars: ESP LTD - KH502, Yamaha Pacifica
Classical guitar: Esteve
Amps : Marshall VS100

Former bands: Obscured Destitution

Misery Loves Co. - All
Moonspell - Irreligious and Sin/Pecado
Paradise Lost - Draconian Times
Evergrey - In Search Of Truth
Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime
Kemopetrol - Slowed Down
King Diamond - Voodoo
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Nirvana - All

Other good music:

Blah, all goes, and I mean pretty much anything...

Unsorted keywords:

Mathematics, Netta, TV, cigarettes, Lapin Kulta, Koskenkorva, soft music, David Lynch, The Simpsons, 24, Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, Jennifer Connelly, Heather Graham, Jagged Alliance, Kari Hotakainen, Tove Jansson

I'll add more when I'll have time...

Toni, Guitars

Been doing:
Electric guitar 11yrs. (properly for 6-7 yrs.)
Classical guitar 1.5 yrs. (Played "graduation" -level songs and still couldn't read the notes properly so I quit)

Gayear:
Jackson RR3, Jackson Performer
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100W head
two 2x12 celestion cabs

Former bands: Exapathy 1998-2003, Obscurity 1995-1998

Opeth - More or less all...
Katatonia - All after For Funerals to Come (and that too of course)
Hellacopters - All
Edge of Sanity - Infernal and Crimson
Pain of Salvation - Entropia
Kingston Wall - I & II

Other good music:
There are lots...
Dan Swanö is a musical genius and almost everything he does rocks. I got into Death Metal through EoS' Infernal and maybe In Flames' Jester's Race had something to do with it. Anyway. Almost anything goes and I try to be open minded concerning music... just one thing. Most of the good Metal music comes from either Sweden, Norway, Finland or England. Of course there are exceptions. This is just what I've noticed. end.

Unsorted keywords:
Beer (Koff, Carlsberg), Rock, Metal, Asses (preferrably womens) <- Man, I sound like Manowar... :D Games, Coca Cola (addict), Talking, Silence, Anime, Movies, Sloth, etc...

This was the third time I write this and if this fucker cuts me off now I will never write this PIECE OF SHIT "THIS IS ME" -POST. FUCK!!!! WINDOWS SUCKS ASS!!!!

those are some profiles :lol:

@windom pearl: you want questions? alright, then ;)
i guess you're planning a promotional tour for your soon to be published album, sooo... are you going to tour in finland only? :)

nevershine said:
Coca Cola (addict)

You ain't alone
glotz.gif

Russell said:
This I approve of! :D Well done my good man! :err:
Well, what can I say? I think it's one of the best alternative-rock -pieces ever made... :)

Rei Toei said:
@windom pearl: you want questions? alright, then ;)
i guess you're planning a promotional tour for your soon to be published album, sooo... are you going to tour in finland only? :)

Emh. By 'promotional tour' you mean something like me alone with acoustic guitar giving interviews in japanese bars playing "Kumbayah" occasionally? :D

In case you're talking about a band tour, then...eek. I don't think we've had plans about that. To be honest we don't have the touring machinery around us, so all we can do is a few little gigs here and there. I'm planning to hit this one hippie bar in Turku, but I've been having contact problems.

Hey, we're pathetic. Yes.

I wonder specially about the "essential" bands you like, guys. From Helloween (Chamaleon?!?! What about the keepers?), passing by Nirvana or Smashing Pumpkins, Queensryche (I know it might be a crime, but I don't like Geoff Tate's vocals at all), Faith No More and Opeth. A wide range of styles, that's great. :)

|ngenius.

|ngenius said:
I wonder specially about the "essential" bands you like, guys. From Helloween (Chamaleon?!?! What about the keepers?),

Chameleon, being my first CD ever is still one of the best I have. To me it's a musical masterwork and underrated as hell. After ten years I still make discoveries from it. Nowadays I don't mind that much about the Keepers' though Keeper I pretty much was the album that got me _really_ into metal. I'd like to cover "Halloween", btw :D

Reactions: Jo
Windom Pearl said:
Chameleon, being my first CD ever is still one of the best I have. To me it's a musical masterwork and underrated as hell. After ten years I still make discoveries from it.

i agree with a passion. with chameleon helloween had the chance to really start something brilliant on a new road. it's too bad they've done away with kiske and plunged into the depths of boring cliched heavy metal afterwards. :cry:

btw, my review of "master of the rings" is up at www.hmas.org . check it out if you haven't yet. :)

rahvin.

Russell: What!? Hmm, well, eh, what can I say... :)

I don't wholly believe that, might be a bit exaggerated at least... well, maybe versions of the songs or if different songs, they might have not been very different from each other... or something like that. well, an album like that can't be done over the weekend anyway... :)

Windom Pearl said:
Chameleon, being my first CD ever is still one of the best I have. To me it's a musical masterwork and underrated as hell. After ten years I still make discoveries from it. Nowadays I don't mind that much about the Keepers' though Keeper I pretty much was the album that got me _really_ into metal. I'd like to cover "Halloween", btw :D

Blah. The only true 'Chameleon' is by Herbie Hancock (and as a bassist, you should've know this by heart!). That'd make a great grindcore cover song btw.

dinga ling ling. Kiske is a homo.

Back when I started Farmakon I told Marko that britpop was the way of he future....they kicked me out because he wanted to play JapPop instead....:(

:)

I saw the word "j-pop". I'm obliged to react.

For sure there's some similiarity between the Japanese and Marko. That bastard's vocals are sicker than the sickest of japs' movies. Has to do something with Patton. Toni's been taking care of imitating Patton with the "sick movie fetish"-part. That also has something to do with japs.

Ok. I won't say a word. Toni knows what I'm talking about. Two more words as a tip: Female Market. *coughs*