Daughtry in Atlanta

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I caught Chris Daughtry tonight at The Loft (upstairs at Center Stage/Earthlink Live where we had the pre-party two years ago). Some random notes:

1. We were given a surprise all acoustic set. It was recorded in the studio downstairs so we may see a live album from the show.
2. Chris sounds even better live than on cd/tv. He has an *amazing* voice.
3. "Charismatic frontman" and Daughtry do not belong in the same sentence.
4. Daughtry alone on stage + acoustic guitar + cover of Pearl Jam's "Black" = religious experience. That was simply amazing. My goose bumps haven't left me after two hours.
5. The new song song sounded great.
6. The audience age was a total shock to me. I may have seen five kids total and the rest of the sell-out crowd was over 30. That explains why his album is selling like crazy while other fads come and go.

cheers,

Glenn

My girlfriend and I will probably be catching his show in June (in Charleston, SC). I expect a high demand for tickets, as they're doing door-only ticket sales and no presales.

Glad to hear you had a good time. I don't regularly follow American Idol, but of the few shows I saw of last season, I thought he was one of the better voices I had heard (as far as appealing to MY tastes...). Hopefully it'll be worthwhile for me to see his band; I don't know much of his album material, but my girlfriend loves it (so that's really important too :)).

Sounds awesome, i know a lot of people here would probably blow him off cause he was on Idol, but you really should give his cd a chance, it's really really good.

Yeah I liked a few songs on his album. He got some good 'session' guitarists to help him out. And yes, his album has sold mad.

I bought Chris' disc when if first came out and I've enjoyed it ever since. I haven't watched Idol this year, because I believe the show will never top Clarkson, Underwood, or Daughtry. In other words, Idol should stop on a good note, but they'll milk it for everything it's worth. I'm getting off subject here though....sorry!

Chris was born to do what he's doing just like the other two I mentioned above. Piss on the naysayers, because Chris is a natural! :kickass: :headbang:

~Brian~

I read in an interview with Chris the other day where he said Slash was as cool as he could be to him in the studio. Chris thought that Slash might have the rock star syndrome at first, but he said that Slash was nothing like that. I found it interesting.

~Brian~