DAVE CHANG to produce 2nd album

Yeah that's right mate - Mia said that they were using Dave Chang for the album to me and Peter Day on Sunday! We both got a bit excited as I thought he produced the Kill II This' album "Deviate" which is absolutely stunning... but it turns out I was wrong - some fan of K2T I am! lol

Anyway, just checked out his website and it looks VERY promising as he doen't really deal with bands which aren't heavy as fuck... apart from Capdown and the Salvation Army Band (WTF)?! If he makes groups like Stampin' Ground, Unite, Freebase, Orange Goblin, 7th Child, Sanctum etc sound heavy as hell then just think how good 54 are going to sound with him on board!

*creams himself at thought* ;) :D

But have you every listen to Orange Goblin albums.
There albums always have a very thick poorly produced 70's sound to them, which sounds excellent for there still of metal, but may not be exactly what '54 need.

Depends on what the new stuff sounds like mate, they might of gone all sabbath!!!! I doubt it tho ;)

Mind you, from the new track i heard, its VERY riff driven!!! Excellent stuff, just what i like :)

well Marshan used Dave for their first EP.... and they where in the studio last month to record 3 new tracks, and go back to him later this year/early next year to record sum more tracks for a full length LP

Kings Thursday on Friday Street sounds fantastic! :headbang:

Dave Chang :headbang: :headbang:

This is what has appeared on Blabbermouth today:

AREA 54 Commence Recording Sessions For Second CD - July 22, 2002

Britain's AREA 54 have entered the studio with producer Dave Chang to begin recording their as-yet-untitled second album, due later in the year.

As previously reported, AREA 54 parted ways with Dreamcatcher Records last year following the disappointing sales performance of the band's debut album.

"disappointing sales"?

What were they expecting? If you want an album to sell well the label has to be willing to spend some money on promotion. If people don't know the band exists they aren't gonna buy the album are they?!

So who's fault is it, the bands or the labels?

</mini rant> :lol:

Too Bleeding right. If more people had just heard of Area54, they'd be way more popular now.

Lets hope they can strike a promotion/publishing deal with this new album. A large amount of the money labels have to pay for a band is the recording, so with that paid for through Merch and EP sales (plus tons of hard work by the whole band), they should have better luck in finding a *decent* label.

Who knows - one might exist....

I already suggested they try Rise Above Records, but I'm not sure they'd have em.

madgirl told me last night and im glad to hear this news!

lets all hope this album is going to be even heavier than the first!