Dave Kinkade selling his drums

I will second that thought. My brother is a musician. People have lumped music into the same soup as all other digital information, ignoring how music is made. While this is true of a lot of other types of digital info, I think the music industry (along with journalism) has been hurt the most.

Did you guys see this further down?

I really appreciate the positive feedback. I'm not the "look at me" type of person. I only posted it because I want people to know I'm selling all my gear so maybe some drummer who's looking for a special piece of gear can get it from me rather than paying too much at a store. Also, I'm not broke or financially troubled. I wouldn't mind a few extra bucks in my pocket but I'm also not digging out of dumpsters for a meal or anything like that. I'm good with saving so I've been living off that until I start working on the railroad just incase you wondered what I'm planning on for a career.

I didn't exactly quit because I'm having a child either. The main reason behind this move was because I'm tired of failing after working so hard for other people's bands. For Borknagar, I sold everything I had and moved to Norway under the impression that my bandmates would help me through the legal process to get into the country. I was also told that I'd be able to earn money from the government in Norway because the Norwegian government subsidizes black metal and by working for the band, I'd be able to earn money...along with work in a restaurant there. Well not only was I completely unable to find a restaurant job that didn't require legal working papers but the band had no clue how to help me legally live in the country nor were they able to help with the government arts funding. I had moved there based on someone else's hunch and that decision fucked me bad.

Regarding my departure from Soulfly...I would rather put it all behind me but all I will say without being sued is that my fiancée being pregnant was not the primary reason that I quit. My fiancée is actually the most supportive person in my life and she was very supportive even when I'd be away on 3 month long tours. I just had enough of a lot of things and that's why I think retiring from a business that has brought me more headaches than good is the best idea. I loved playing drums and playing live but that's really about it. I worked way too hard for my instrument and don't think it's fair that some people who have no musical talent should be on tours with people who actually take pride in their instrument. I have no time for people use abuse their instruments and think its cool. I had to buy all of my equipment when I was younger and I take pride in my possessions. I didn't waste years of my life in college to be pushed around by people and not focus on a real career but I did waste years of my life working hard for other peoples bands and being walked on in the end. I really won't be back to music unless KISS or Metallica ask me and Im highly doubting that'll happen haha. I don't regret any of this decision and I've never felt so relieved like a weight has been taken off my shoulders.

I hope that helps clear things up.

seems to me like someone who is unable to take responsibility for his own decisions. if you move to another country based on someone else's hunch, you yourself are just as much the idiot.

The guy has the talent and skills to play whatever he wants and I think he should play, at least work on studio. I honestly think he got dissapointed of the music 'business' a bit too early and made a decision that probably will change in the future, unless he's too stubborn.