DAVID DRAIMAN And Wife Welcome Baby Boy

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DEVICE and DISTURBED frontman David Draiman and his wife, Japanese-American model, actress and wrestler Lena Yada, welcomed a baby boy, Samuel Bear Isamu Draiman, this morning at 12:58 a.m. In a Facebook post, Draiman wrote, "MY DEAR FRIENDS, BORN AT 12:58 AM ON THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 12 2013, I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU TO OUR SON, SAMUEL BEAR ISAMU DRAIMAN. MY WIFE LENA IS SUPERWOMAN…29 HOURS OF LABOR! BOTH MOTHER AND CHILD ARE HEALTHY AND WELL. I THANK THE POWERS THAT BE FOR THIS GREATEST OF GIFTS. ALL MY LOVE AND RESPECT, -DAVID"Draiman brought his then-pregnant wife up on stage during DEVICE's August 11 concert in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at the final stop of this summer's Gigantour. Draiman revealed the news of the pregnancy on May 2 on Twitter and also let the audience know at the Revolver Golden Gods awards, where he performed LED ZEPPELIN's "Whole Lotta Love" with HALESTORM. Draiman and Yada were married in September 2011. The Pulse Of Radio asked Draiman at the time how he thought becoming a family man might change his music. "You know, I can only imagine that it would give me more inspiration to write," he said. "I think that when you all of a sudden become a family man, and you have more to worry about than just yourself, your concerns, they build, in terms of things going on with the world, in terms of your life, in terms of your fears and your hopes and your dreams. And so I really think it'll be a tremendous catalyst for potential inspiration."DEVICE released its self-titled debut album on April 9. It debuted at No. 11 on the Billboard album chart, selling 35,000 copies in its first week of release.

More...