david gold from woods of ypres dead in accident

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/rc/announcements.html

sucks

woods of ypres' first demo was really amazing and i listened to it a lot when it came out

i even did a (bad) interview with the guy back when royal carnage, the zine, still existed. he posted here once in a while i think too. and although his recent music was not so great i appreciate a man who sticks to his guns no matter what and does what he feels is right

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/rc/announcements.html

sucks

woods of ypres' first demo was really amazing and i listened to it a lot when it came out

i even did a (bad) interview with the guy back when royal carnage, the zine, still existed. he posted here once in a while i think too.

He always had an affinity toward our 'zine thanks to the demo review and interview. We made his liner notes in a couple of releases. At least Pursuit of the Sun if I remember.

RIP Dave!!

I interviewed him too back in the Against the Season days. A lovely dude though he chose to take his music where I wouldn't follow. And now none of us will.

Met the dude at one of his shows in Toronto, gave me a toque gratis for making the flight. Stand up fella from that meet and all other correspondence.

R.I.P

Met the dude at one of his shows in Toronto, gave me a toque gratis for making the flight. Stand up fella from that meet and all other correspondence.

R.I.P

Was that really almost five fucking years ago?

I think we're overdue for another drink! I'm buying next time.

As for Dave, I said my piece in the other thread. I will always remember him as a good guy who Vittra and I met when he was working at the HMV (music store) on Queen West in Toronto. He came up and complimented Vittra's Storm of the Light's Bane shirt, if I recall correctly, told us to come out to a show, then a few months later I ended up posting on RC only to find out that you cunts were already wise to my local hero. RIP!!

The Woods marathon continues with "Pursuit..." This album along with The Mantle and a few others have a special place in my breast, as I they were in heavy rotation during a time when life was total shite.

"Back on the highway, under the moon, my final moments, still wondering about you." :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to bump this thread, but it's why I came to visit RC today, because I just found out about David Gold. He was a really cool guy and his work always reminds me of the early days of RC. That first demo/album is pretty god damn awesome and I'm sorry I never got the later releases, but I always did sorta keep an eye on the progress of Woods of Ypres. I remember last year getting the Earache email about them some time ago thinking "fuck yeah, good for them" because I like it when small bands become slightly less than small.

Guess it's finally time to pick up some of the later releases. A mark was made. Peace to you and yours.