David Gold (Woods of Ypres) dead

left on pretty bad terms with each other

That's a pretty common statement for those who've worked with Dave... myself included. However, we did bury the hatchet a few years ago & I was happy to hear he landed a deal with Earache.

I'm deeply saddened by the news, though. It's always a tragedy when someone dies that young, and the fact he was going on his first European tour in the spring compounds it. The timing couldn't be worse, and I feel terrible for his family.

Say what you will about Dave, his greatest strengths were his songwriting and his work ethic. I don't think I've ever met anyone who worked as hard as Dave.

It certainly puts our daily petty squabbles into perspective, though. Carpe Diem...... ....Dave certainly did.

We tracked this in the extremely hot summer days of 2002, and it was my favorite on the first EP. "Against the Seasons" made number 27 on the Bravewords all-time top 30 Canadian Metal Records.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm deeply saddened by the news, though. It's always a tragedy when someone dies that young, and the fact he was going on his first European tour in the spring compounds it. The timing couldn't be worse, and I feel terrible for his family.
FUCK. I did not even dare to think about WoY coming into Europe. I guess I'd be happier NOT knowing about it, though!

We tracked this in the extremely hot summer days of 2002, and it was my favorite on the first EP. "Against the Seasons" made number 27 on the Bravewords all-time top 30 Canadian Metal Records.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elc2Gn9iAnI

That's actually my girlfriend's most favourite song by WoY together with Ontario town.