David Vincent needs to rejoin Morbid Angel!

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
I have to say IMHO as far as death metal(with the exception of the mighty Opeth) no one even comes close to David Vincent era Morbid Angel! He has got to be the best growler ever! Even though he would roar like a fucking lion you could understand EVERY word,and for me that does matter. They were absolutely fucking classic with him in the band and he needs to come back!

Check out the mix of David Vincent era tracks I made:
  1. Desolate Ways
  2. Blood On My Hands
  3. Inquisition(Burn With Me)
  4. Chapel Of Ghouls
  5. Doomsday Celebration
  6. Blessed Are The Sick/Leading The Rats
  7. Sworn To The Black
  8. Dawn Of The Angry
  9. Immortal Rites(live)
  10. Brainstorm
  11. World Of Shit(The Promised Land)
  12. Hatework
  13. Rebel Lands
  14. Vengeance Is Mine
  15. Where The Slime Live
  16. Fall From Grace
  17. Rapture
  18. Dominate
  19. Thy Kingdom Come
  20. God Of Emptiness
    [/list=1]

I think he's the weakest vocalist. and comparing morbid angel to opeth. fuckin a bro. say what you want about the music they wrote with him, but his vocals are not the strong suit. Steve tucker was infinitely better than vincent. screw all the shit about his nazism and all that, the dude just has shitty vocals. they got worse as they went too. some of his vox on domnation are pretty unbearable. They wrote some of their best material with an inferior vocalist. They are better off without him. besides, hes' running around dressed like a chode in the genitortures now.

I must disagree, I'd say even my vocal chord tolerance for growling can be the equivelent or surpass that of Vincent's

I'd say Kevin Sharp ( Brutal Truth ) slays Vincent, as does Chris Reifert

David Vincent was SO much a better growler than Steve Tucker. But I don't think he will. Genitorturers is more important to him nowadays. Mike Browning on the other hand...

Originally posted by npearce
I will always be faithful to David Vincent era Morbid Angel, but I don't really know if the band is any better with him than without him.

does it matter? all he wrote were lyrics. trey writes 99% of the music so it doesn't matter if hes bellowing over it or jared anderson is. its still gonna be morbid angel.

I don't know. I got into Morbid Angel with Formulas, so I was introduced to Steve Tucker's vocals before Vincent's. but at this point, I'd have to say I do enjoy Vincents vocals better than Tucker's, although I love Steve Tuckers vocals.

IMO, if Vincent never returns, I'd say just get another bass player, have Rutan rejoin the band, and have him do vocals:D But he just left to concentrate on Hate Eternal full time, soi even that's not a possibility.

Screw that, I'll siong for them:D

Originally posted by plfffffft
I don't know. I got into Morbid Angel with Formulas, so I was introduced to Steve Tucker's vocals before Vincent's. but at this point, I'd have to say I do enjoy Vincents vocals better than Tucker's, although I love Steve Tuckers vocals.

IMO, if Vincent never returns, I'd say just get another bass player, have Rutan rejoin the band, and have him do vocals:D But he just left to concentrate on Hate Eternal full time, soi even that's not a possibility.

Screw that, I'll siong for them:D

Ahh yes but the mighty fuckin' Rutan does not like to sing in morbid angel..he said thats why he enjoys morbid angel so much because he's more into his element of guitar playing and doesn't have to worry about singing or any of that shit. He saves that for Hate Eternal. However, if he were to consider taking over vocals for MA that would fucking kick some ass. Speaking of Hate Eternal though when in the fuck will we see that new album??!!

i have to say im am a fan of David Vincent and he does have one of the meanist growls of the MA era but than again i like the Steve tucker era better but i say fuck it brig it all on morbid will always live and OWN YOU ALL!!!!!

Originally posted by Soilent Goat
Ahh yes but the mighty fuckin' Rutan does not like to sing in morbid angel..he said thats why he enjoys morbid angel so much because he's more into his element of guitar playing and doesn't have to worry about singing or any of that shit. He saves that for Hate Eternal. However, if he were to consider taking over vocals for MA that would fucking kick some ass. Speaking of Hate Eternal though when in the fuck will we see that new album??!!

i got a promo for review but i'm pretty sure that is out. check earaches website.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
I think he's the weakest vocalist. and comparing morbid angel to opeth. fuckin a bro.

It's your opinion if you think he's a weak vocalist, but I NEVER compared Morbid Angel to Opeth. Opeth is my favorite extreme metal band and I was simply stating that I felt Morbid Angel with David in the band was second only to them. In other words I think Opeth is a better band so I don't understand your comment at all.

Originally posted by Soilent Goat

Uhhh, I see it every time I look at my CD collection:D I think it came out October 1st, and I picked it up like last week.

By the by, it fuckin Rules.

Originally posted by plfffffft
Uhhh, I see it every time I look at my CD collection:D I think it came out October 1st, and I picked it up like last week.

By the by, it fuckin Rules.

YOU SIMPLY MUST BE KIDDING!! I WAS TOLD IT WAS PUSHED BACK!!! ERR!!! WHORES!!!!