DAW CONTROLLER - CUBASE - ADVICE NEEDED.

ArthurD

Jun 2, 2010
Brasília - Brazil
Hello guys, I am planning to buy a control surface for my studio.
However, after researching the net i didn't find wich Control Surface is the best for Cubase, just what their problems are.

Heard some good things of Mackie MCU, but thats it.

Also saw Steinberg's CC121 Controller, but their 'touch' faders just didn't took my confiance.

So, let me know your opinion about Control Surfaces, your experience, your recomendations...

Cheers

If mackie is still using the same ol mediocre 80mm P&G faders on the new stuff then I say nay.

I like my older Mackie control, but fucking hell do the faders like to go ape shit/ not respond to touch.

i think the faders are the only part which is new on the mcu pro.
i have an old mackie control here and am quite satisfied with it although i do the main mixing with mouse and keyboard. sometimes you really have to push the faders until they respond. a controller like the behringer or the discontinued tascam without a lcd screen is useless imho.

there was a post a while ago from a guy who wrote a new software for the mackie d8b to turn it into a controller which models 3 mcu. if you need a big controller this could be an option as well.

EDIT: here is the link: http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge/

I read up on the D8b mod and it looked sweet as hell. Would make a nice project if you could pick one up cheap. I have the Mackie MCU and it works fine. I did have some funky acting faders but replaced them and all is well. Mackie still sells the faders for 60 buck. But I found mine on ebay. Bought 6 for 30 bucks. But yes the faders as mentioned above can become too touch sensitive.

Great, so another vote for Mackie MCU PRO, if it has new types of faders.
But still afraid to buy it since i'll find it in US, not in my country. So no returns.