DAWN appreciation thread

BigJim

Feb 12, 2006
My absolute, all time favourite Black Metal band! Anyone here heard of/ like 'em? They're practically unheard of where I come from, even in Black Metal circles, but I reckon they put most other bands in the genre away!

they arent bad. they have some great riffs, but i think their songs are always a 2 or 3 minutes too long
~gR~

i actually enjoy their work very much. i prefer the debut over slaughtersun, though. less repetitive with better songs.

Solid band, probably my favorite style of metal as well. Too bad most of the bands playing melodic black metal either dissolved or just moved on to less fruitful ventures. It's a shame because I think their is so much potential with that particular sound (maybe the reformed Vinterland can remedy this problem).

EDIT: Speaking of Dawn, has anyone checked out their new music video for 'The Knell and the World'? You can download it off of their official site, its actually pretty crappy but worth checking out if your a fan of the band.

J. said:
whatever happened to the new album that was suppose to be released like 4 years ago?

As far as I know Dawn is still working on it. They updated their site about it's progress fairly recently but I wouldn't expect it before the end of of 06 at the absolute earliest.

I quite enjoyed Slaugthersun and I meant to chase down their previous release and MCD but never got around to it. I dont listen to it much anymore, I think its the length issue and my shortage of free time. That said, I'll drag it out and give it spin again soon.

Oh yeah, I have it as a digipack release - no slip for the booklet it just slops about and falls out all the time, lame! i hate digipacks!

J Mann said:
Speaking of Dawn, has anyone checked out their new music video for 'The Knell and the World'?

Just checked it out then! Cool shit! :headbang: The full song too... no bullshit edits to make the clip shorter! Love that tune! Cool to hear you guys here at UM are into 'em!