Dawn of the Mastering

I want to check this out but I am at work and they are in 24 bit audio.

1st: I absolutely love this track, fuck, one of the great mosh pits of all time broke out at the Trocadero in SF years ago when they opened with this. METAL!!!

2nd: thanks for putting up the mp3s, I don't think I can do rar's on this computer.

3rd: both of yours are a shitload better IMHO, preferably, m2, GEE I wonder why!

It sounds like the third one is a little to much. Is that the one you pushed really hard. Other then that it is a big impovment over the orginal. It really tightens things up.

Yeah I think m2 is a bit too much, haha - around -6.5 db RMS average (!!!) - original was -12 db (m1 is around -7.5 db). Maybe that's why you love it Genius, lol ;) Anyway it's not intended to be better than the original (at all), and I'm surprised you think it is (I find is a little too clippy and a bit pumpy also (especially when the voice comes in)) but I was just curious as too how loud I could get... Cheers :)

Genius Gone Insane said:
Louder! Louder! Dammit!!!

You'll never hear me criticizing today's music for being as loud as possible. Louder!!

BTW I didn't notice the clipping, I wonder if that's because I'm listening on small headphones...

I also am listening on some stock Ipod head phones and did not hear the clipping.

Hey Brett Did you re-eq every mp3?
Cause last one (m2) sounds clearer, I can hear the snare better than on m0!
Anyway loud is good why not making shit louder :p ?
And the cool thing is that with compressing and limiting you haven't lost the snare, I realized that too much limiting kills the snare. You got it right, it's louder and clearer!
Good work Brett!
As Motorhead would say: "Everything louder than everyone else"

Maurizio

Well Maurizio, no, I didn't re-eq anything per se, but multiband compression can be perceived as an equalisation... I tried to keep the global colour of the original mix "untouched" as much as I could.
Sorry Sam if you can't understand a figure suite starting from 0 :p

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Well Maurizio, no, I didn't re-eq anything per se, but multiband compression can be perceived as an equalisation... I tried to keep the global colour of the original mix "untouched" as much as I could.
Sorry Sam if you can't understand a figure suite starting from 0 :p

I think I have to work on multiband compression when it's time for mastering!
:)

Maurizio

the vocalist reminds me of HIMSA....

HIMSA is fucking great... as for your mastering duties i prefer m1

i love that "kick" or as I would say the popsicle stick in the bicycle tire.

EtherForBreakfast said:
the vocalist reminds me of HIMSA....

HIMSA is fucking great... as for your mastering duties i prefer m1

i love that "kick" or as I would say the popsicle stick in the bicycle tire.
That's Morbid Angel dude :p