DC Cooper

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just curious how many DC Cooper fans there are out there. I happen to be a huge fan since his solo album came out. I like Silent Force and The Royal Hunt he did too. How many of you have his solo album? I think its great and way underrated. How many of you are going to the preparty to see him.

The_Q said:
Just curious how many DC Cooper fans there are out there. I happen to be a huge fan since his solo album came out. I like Silent Force and The Royal Hunt he did too. How many of you have his solo album? I think its great and way underrated. How many of you are going to the preparty to see him.

umm....not a huge fan anymore...but i guess itll be cool to see him anyway

Not into the Royal Hunt stuff but have his solo CD, all 3 silent Force discs (new one is killer), and Missa Mercuria.

Great stuff.

Heard the japan bonus tracks off the Silent Force discs? WOWZA.

adaher said:
I've got all his major releases, from Royal Hunt to his solo album to the three Silent Force albums. One of my favorite singers.
Bingo, maybe the best singer out there today. I heard a Royal Hunt song, back when, and became a fan of theirs and his immediately.

Big fan, too. I think he has one of the best "melodic" voices in metal (along with Gary Hughes of Ten). I'm really looking forward to the acoustic set.

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
Big fan, too. I think he has one of the best "melodic" voices in metal (along with Gary Hughes of Ten). I'm really looking forward to the acoustic set.

Steve in Philly
You struck a nerve there, be it a good nerve when you mentioned Gary Hughes. DC Cooper is one of my favorite vocalist out there and yes he does have one of the best melodic voices, but Gary Hughes WOW Gary is tops his voice is how in the world do you describe it. He is also one of my favorites, but my all time favorite is John West who took over for DC Cooper in RH, and honestly i don't think they lost anything, Lance KIng is also up there in the Top 5.

His solo album is great, quite a normal fact keeping in mind that Tore Ostby played guitars on it... :Spin:

He's indeed one of the best "melodic" singers out there.

I have a few royal hunt albums, his solo disc and one Silent Force CD..

his solo album is by far the best, IMO! :) It probably has something to do with the fact that Tore was involved :)

I wish I could hear this solo album, every has been talking about how awesome it is. I have heard the samples on cduniverse and I really liked them. I also really like Silent Force and I am a fan of Royal Hunt but not a huge one. DC is an excellent singer, but I wouldnt say he is one of my favorites.

Fan here, but all I have in my collection is the Silent Force 'Infatuator' and his solo cd - both full of excellent material. I'll have to miss the pre-party due to working overtime this week to insure I am off Friday to pick up Mark Edwards (Overlorde) from the airport on time.

:D

~Hoyt.

Curufin said:
I'd never heard of him until I saw Silent Force at PP3, and they blew me away. I don't have his solo stuff, just a couple of Silent Force discs.

Ditto, although I think he was the best sounding frontman in all of PP 3.

I think his solo album as well as his stuff with Royal Hunt and Missa Mercuria are very good. His Priest emulation on Silent Force stuff, however, sucks real hard.

Anyone know if he's gonna do a new solo album?

I take it Tore just played on the first disc and did the tour, right?