Death Angel - Act III

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
DEATH ANGEL – ACT III

Act III is the third offering from Bay Area thrashers Death Angel and a fine cut of thrash it is. Aside from the usual thrashers the album is very diverse in many ways. They are masters of their craft which is thrash metal but it offers much more like on the songs "Veil of Deception" and "A Room With A View", both being favorites of mine on the album. When listening to the chorus of "A Room With A View" it reminds me of an old 60’s ballad, maybe something from the Beach Boys or Tommy James & the Shondells. Aside from that the album kicks off with the punishing "Seemingly Endless Time" which is an all out thrash assault. "Stop" follows and does not slow things down in anyway. "Stagnant" has a slow build up and features some interesting grooves which continue to bring out the diversity of the album. "Falling Asleep" starts off like a lullaby and then slowly builds up to kick the listeners ass and do the opposite of what the title suggests. Very nice guitar solo in this tune reminding me a lil bit of Maiden and then going right back into its thrash attack. Fans of old school Anthrax and Nuclear Assault are sure to love Death Angel. If you do not have this album it is essential to own. Also for those not owning the first two albums Death Angel will soon be releasing a box set titled Archives & Artifacts which features the first two albums "The Ultra-Violence" and "Frolic Through The Park". It also features a third cd including unreleased songs from the classic era and a DVD with the bands old videos and some rare live performance footage. It will be in stores February 1, 2005.

Rating - 5 out of 5