Death Angel.......Confirmed For Wacken...2004

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Reunited San Francisco Bay Area metallers DEATH ANGEL have been officially confirmed for the 2004 edition of Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 5-8, 2004 in Wacken, Germany.

According to an official newsletter from the festival's organizers, next year's event will be a celebration of the festival's 15th anniversary with special performances by "new hits, old hits, reunions, newcomers and top acts."

The list of bands currently scheduled to appear at the festival is as follows:

AFTER FOREVER
AMON AMARTH
ANTHRAX
BAL-SAGOTH
BRAINSTORM
BÖHSE ONKELZ
CANNIBAL CORPSE
CATHEDRAL
CHILDREN OF BODOM
DEATH ANGEL
DEICIDE
DESTRUCTION
DIO
EKTOMORF
GRAVE DIGGER
HYPOCRISY
MAYHEM
MOTÖRHEAD
NEVERMORE
SAXON
SCHANDMAUL
THUNDERSTONE
ZODIAC MINDWARP

From Blabbermouth.Net

i camp at the site, yeah. (otherwise, you miss 50% of the expirience)
a plane ticket can cost around: 500$-300$ depends on what deal you find...
usually i fly to Holland, and then i drive with my dutch gang to Wacken (5 hours drive)
and you can find alot of good deals for Holland.
Holland_Car.jpg

at the festival how much money you spend, depends on you...
if you wont buy anything, and only drink beer and eat- i'd say you need around 250 euros.
but you really dont want to bring that much money with the amazing "METAL MARKET" they have there...
a paradise for every metal head.
i usually take 2000$, including flights.

WACKEN_2.jpg

Damn, the line-up really looks impressing! (as usually). Too bad TestAmenT won't be there this year (but isn't it the second year in a row for Brainstorm...or can only the german bands be invited year by year? just curious).
Good luck to Death Angel- I'm sure they'll be the kings of Wacken this year!
Isn't Exo playing? I think I've heard something about it (or was it just somebody's wishful thinking?)

Does anybody else think that lineup could be a little better? There are some killer bands in there...Amon Amarth, CoB, Hypocrisy, etc...but there are also a couple groups that, arguably, have already seen their best days...like Anthrax and Motorhead for example...and there are total duds like Bal-fricken-Sagoth and DIO. We all have our own individual tastes, but for some reason I recall the Wacken lineups of the past blowing this one away.

Steiner said:
...and there are total duds like Bal-fricken-Sagoth and DIO. We all have our own individual tastes, but for some reason I recall the Wacken lineups of the past blowing this one away.

\m/

DIO FUCKING ROCKS

-O.