Death Angel - Relentless Retribution

antwax

Senile Member
Apr 5, 2005
Important - READ THIS FIRST - this thread is NOT ANTHRAX related!

Hi,
got to hear new Death Angel album Relentless Retribution...

So far I think it is the best - the most solid - one since Death Angel's reunion - music is kinda bigger in a Machine Head type of way. Perhaps its because of production. Sort of punk/hardcore attitude is still there but songs are not 100 % full speed all the time. At the moment it is difficult to pick any favourite songs...River of Rapture has "hit" elements and it reminds me of Lord Of Hate.

I think Death Angel deserve more attention than they are getting...hopefully this album will change that!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

T:)

I really like DEATH ANGEL but I think the fact that only 2 founding members remain sucks. Especially the loss of their original drummer was a huge loss. I will buy it for shure though. Hope it doesn't sound like Machine Head IMO that wouldn't be a good thing....

Hi,
got to hear new Death Angel album Relentless Retribution...

So far I think it is the best - the most solid - one since Death Angel's reunion - music is kinda bigger in a Machine Head type of way. Perhaps its because of production. Sort of punk/hardcore attitude is still there but songs are not 100 % full speed all the time. At the moment it is difficult to pick any favourite songs...River of Rapture has "hit" elements and it reminds me of Lord Of Hate.

I think Death Angel deserve more attention than they are getting...hopefully this album will change that!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

And this has exactly what to do with Anthrax? You should go to the Death Angel site to discuss this topic

I really like DEATH ANGEL but I think the fact that only 2 founding members remain sucks. Especially the loss of their original drummer was a huge loss. I will buy it for shure though. Hope it doesn't sound like Machine Head IMO that wouldn't be a good thing....

I agree...Andy Galeon's drumming was important part of DA's sound. Will Carroll is an excellent drummer...but I suppose his style is somehow similar to Dave McClain's. Could be that it is the drum sound that makes me think of Machine Head...NOT sure yet. Anyway drumming on this CD is a bit different, but still excellent! Energy and excitement are there!

Looking forward to hearing their new one. The whole 4 original members down to 2 thing sucks though, I'm glad Andy was still in the band when they toured here last year. The Art of Dying is still one of my favourite comeback albums.

And this has exactly what to do with Anthrax? You should go to the Death Angel site to discuss this topic

This Anthrax board has always been a forum to talk about other bands or anything in general for that matter. You seemed happy enough to rant about Ozzy and his records without complaining. What's the problem?

This Anthrax board has always been a forum to talk about other bands or anything in general for that matter. You seemed happy enough to rant about Ozzy and his records without complaining. What's the problem?

Exactly. Might want to remind the thread starter about this after his rant about discussing Phil Anselmo / Down in a thread about "Fucking Hostile". Kind of ironic he goes off about that, tells people to take it to a Down/ Phil Anselmo board. Then turns around and creates a topic like this.

But I like his effort in editing his post to state that this is NOT an ANTHRAX related post lol

Exactly. Might want to remind the thread starter about this after his rant about discussing Phil Anselmo / Down in a thread about "Fucking Hostile". Kind of ironic he goes off about that, tells people to take it to a Down/ Phil Anselmo board. Then turns around and creates a topic like this.

NOT people - just ill-mannered Maidenboy. It is mind-boggling how he can go off topic even on off topic thread!

Death Angel and Anthrax Played at the House of Blues in Hollywood a while back so it is Anthrax related. Ironmaiden fan no one cares about the Chargers! Death Angel last two releases have been great. The Art of Dying and Killing Season are Killer. Cant wait for this one!

Death Angel and Anthrax Played at the House of Blues in Hollywood a while back so it is Anthrax related. Ironmaiden fan no one cares about the Chargers! Death Angel last two releases have been great. The Art of Dying and Killing Season are Killer. Cant wait for this one!

LOL are you really going to start talking football again? The Chargers have beat the raiders what 13 consecutive games now? Current NFL record for most wins over a team in a row. I really don't think you need to go there. Oh but you won a superbowl before you were born right lol. Raiders are fucking pathetic. Can't wait to beat them 2 times again this season and watch all of the gang banger 'fans' go home crying like little girls.