Death Equation

Daller

Oct 16, 2010
Austria
www.redmachete.at.tf
Hey folks!!

I'm new on this forum and a few days ago I found this. the band offered the audiofiles for their song "Death Equation". So I sat down and gave my best and here are the fruits of my work.

DEATH EQUATION

please tell me what you think of it. maybe someone could give me an advice what I could do better

The mix it's a bit confuse, where is the snare? i don't hear the drums at all, but im listening on shit phones.
Try to improve that mix , the song is cool for me.

lol , ya it happens but every listeners will say the same thing.
actually the kick drum is audible but very weak, only cymbals you're right.

No offense, but it seems you have no idea what you're doing, and not even using you ears. Does that actually sound good to you? It's perfectly normal to seek for outside opinions, but you should judge it yourself first, and it seems you just move some faders and post it without even listening.

Again, no offense really

well, i don't see that as an offens, quite the contrary!
i'm happy if people say what they think about my work, because i'm able to improve it if they do.

but please tell me, is it just the sound of the snare that doesn't fit into the mix, or are there a few more things that you would recommend me to change?

it's everything, the guitars themselves are ok, but drums and bass (if that I'm hearing is actually bass or just low end rumble) are terrible, the snare is just a distant reverb splash, the kick is also super distant, cymbals are decent but not good.

You should read up on a lot of stuff before just going ahead and trying, try finding some mixing tutorials on the internet, and there are plenty of useful tutorials and threads in this very forum