death metal!!! give me critiques before this gets mastered!

Hi!

The china kinda jumps at me, not much, probably no one else will notice anything :) (as we say, won't affect record sales!)

Any fx on the vocals? They sound really dry! This is purely subjective, I'd like to hear some little delay/verb tucked in there...

Good stuff!

Seems the kick gets a bit drowned because of the bass and guitars. There's too much compression, IMO and also the guitars are slightly louder than they should. Vocals could go up.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Edit: The china is indeed too loud and not in balance with the other cymbals.

thanks for the tips!

yeah i guess that china was pretty damn annoying, i just uploaded a new one where i made it quieter, added more wetness to vox, lowered the master limiter a little, changed the kick around, and made the guitars a little quieter. does it sound any better now?

didn't hear the original one. Currently listening on ipod headphones, and the guitars are actually a bit low. Otherwise I think it sounds killer. Vocals rock, and same wi the snr.

Can't hear the bass, but I don't think I ever can on these headphones.

updated again, eqed cymbols guitars and vox a bit, messed with some volumes and stuff... hope im headed in the right direction

ok maybe not the 100% typical myspace deathcore trendies band, but they still have the same subdrop+breakdown parts everyone is doing nowadays.

soo? like other bands on diferend generes... when you are listen typical death metal stuff, what do you think ? blaaah again blasts and growls? ;P

soo? like other bands on diferend generes... when you are listen typical death metal stuff, what do you think ? blaaah again blasts and growls? ;P

Now the scene is FLOODED with those myspace deathcore bands... this is the current trend... some good bands (leaders) and 99% of wannabe crap (followers). Was the same shit with Metalcore before and nu-metal earlier.

I don't think death-metal is trendy, though i agree not all the bands in this genre are good.

Now the scene is FLOODED with those myspace deathcore bands... this is the current trend... some good bands (leaders) and 99% of wannabe crap (followers). Was the same shit with Metalcore before and nu-metal earlier.

I don't think death-metal is trendy, though i agree not all the bands in this genre are good.

It's getting REALLY fucking trendy over here.
If something doesn't have constant 200bpm blastbeats it's not good enough for people.

And I used to be a "OMG DEATHCORE SUCKS" kiddy, then I realised the fun in it is seeing a decent deathcore band and letting yourself enjoy yourself.
Breakdowns are a lot of fun. Just let yourself enjoy the predictability for a little bit.
You don't need to think hard about EVERYTHING you see hear or watch.
There's a time and a place for Godspeed You! Black Emperor, or something equally thought provoking.
Sometimes it's nice to just rock the fuck out and not worry about anything else but the moment.

On topic:
Veryyy nice mix.
Vox are a bit low for my liking.
Guitars could do with some high-mids. They're sounding pretty damn good at the minute, but they just need to cut through a liiiiiittle more.

It's getting REALLY fucking trendy over here.
If something doesn't have constant 200bpm blastbeats it's not good enough for people.

And I used to be a "OMG DEATHCORE SUCKS" kiddy, then I realised the fun in it is seeing a decent deathcore band and letting yourself enjoy yourself.
Breakdowns are a lot of fun. Just let yourself enjoy the predictability for a little bit.
You don't need to think hard about EVERYTHING you see hear or watch.
There's a time and a place for Godspeed You! Black Emperor, or something equally thought provoking.
Sometimes it's nice to just rock the fuck out and not worry about anything else but the moment.

On topic:
Veryyy nice mix.
Vox are a bit low for my liking.
Guitars could do with some high-mids. They're sounding pretty damn good at the minute, but they just need to cut through a liiiiiittle more.

I get your point and i don't dislike deathcore, i really liked All shall perish first effort when it came out, and i dig some bands like ANIMOSITY, The black Dahlia Murder, The Red Chord, ...
Then i have no problem with very simple, predictable, "no need to think too much" music, as i love bands like Madball, Pennywise, Foo Fighters, ...
I also love "fast as fuck" blast beat parts when it fits the music and i am a huge brutal death metal fan. Nothing is better than a crushing Nile/Dying Fetus song starting with a fast as fuck and brutal blast beat with an awesome tremolo riff behind.

BUT i'm totally fed up with those trillions of band copying ASP/TBDM, having the same logo, and above all nothing "exciting". Now when i hear the typical "subdrop + Low A string chugga breakdown", whereas i should feel like 'wow this shit is awesome i'm gonna jump in the pit and kill everyone", i feel more like "OMG is it a joke or what ? Is it a cover band ? This shit is boring and pisses me off". After hearing a song, i'm like "ok this is pro, but in the end i had to struggle to listen to the song until the end and not fall asleep or push the "stop" button, and i don't remember any riff/part AT ALL".

See what i mean ?

Listening to the last version right now:
The bass has a bit too much lows/lowmids (guessing 100-200hz) and the whole mix should be brightened a little, IMO. Otherwise, well done, it's got power and sounds cool :headbang:

listened again, and i think it sounds perfect now. Once again listening on ipod headphones though(at work) so I can't comment on the bass.

Everything above 200hz sounds awesome!