Death Metal mix I'm working on

high-end is very brittle and piercing as mentioned.

although myself being primarily a mix engineer (90% of my work is NOT tracked by me, save for re-amping), i know the kind of shit you can be handed.

guitars are kind of cardboard-y and boring. once again, god only knows what you were dealing with :)

i like the OH sound!

Cheers guys, I have been tracking an emo band today for 10 hours before I mixed this so I wasn't picking up the hi end at all. I think I used the tritone valvetone plugin driven on the OH and boosted the vocals a bit too much so thats probably where the excess hi-end is. I'll work on that.

Guitar wise, they have that kind of soft sound stuck in them that I can't get out. I told them to buy a DI box and track again, so who knows. I'd personally like to work with this band, I think with some slightly more interesting guitar parts, and more exciting vocals they could be pretty decent.

Cheers for listening and the comments, muchos appreciated guys!

fuck how it sounds. this band is copying everything from JFAC! the riffs are the same, the vocs are the same...., OH!!! wait! the bassist isnt as good :). I think you should mess up there stuff really bad on purpose :)

(wtf are those weird pig squils at the end?? oMg)

You've done a great job so far, and I'm sure once everything is ironed out, this will be a great mix. However, some of the guitar playing (the melodic riffs) is... bad. It sounds like they were trying to do it all in downstrokes, or sloppy alternate. Oh and the snare could be raised a little bit.

nice sound - but they're copying stuff from 3 bands- JFAC, postmortem promises and waking the cadaver))

sounds like they're stroking the guitars with a feather. needs some more attack! yell at them. quite nice though! perhaps some more low end, but yeah! really cool mix so far man