DEATH - Overactive Imagination (mix 2011)

wow, that kick is quite annoying.
Not familiar with the original (bring the FLAME) but.... must have been easier to listen to for sure.

Wonderful how they manage to take something Classic which has helped to make modern metalmusic become what it is today, or where it was stuck... and make it sound like generic modern stuff.

First post, had to comment as this is my favorite song ever!!! It really got me into death metal. Bought it on tape back in 95 when I was in 5th grade but I hated the mix back then and always wanted them to remix it to sound like symbolic, but...... not really a fan of the lead, to dark, or the snare sound, though I kind of like the kick. overall not impressed at all. song still kicks ass.

The ITP formation playing "Leprosy" Live. Not as tight as Dream Theater live, if you ask me, but I LOVE Steve´s bass fills :)

SDG rocks! :headbang:
But that snare... :D

Bought it on tape back in 95 when I was in 5th grade but I hated the mix back then and always wanted them to remix it to sound like symbolic, but......

I always thought ITP had a very particular sound, maybe not "awesome" in a general way, but as a unity it had something special and that is what I miss about the most of today's mixes which sound perfect but lack character so to speak... What I dislike the most about it are a bit chorus washy guitars, I'd prefer them a bit grittier and in-your-face. But, the original ITP mix had tons of character, every instrument is audible and sits in its place and I bet anyone could recognize the album just by the sound; that's the reason why I'd leave it alone.

And no, no one can make it sound like Symbolic nor should they IMHO. :headbang:
Maybe if they had DI tracks of all the guitars (and they don't obviously)

Definitely agree about Individual Thought Patterns having a very unique original mix that's instantly recognisable. There's something 'soft' (in the tactile sense) about it that's quite unique, if you ask me.

I so agree. Even 'buttery' :kickass:

I'm actually quite surprised at how bad this remix is.
I was definitely apprehensive about all the remixes to begin with, but I've listened to the Human remix, and while I still think it's completely unnecessary it is at least objectively successful.
Who okay-ed this?

SDG rocks! :headbang:
But that snare... :D

I always thought ITP had a very particular sound, maybe not "awesome" in a general way, but as a unity it had something special and that is what I miss about the most of today's mixes which sound perfect but lack character so to speak... What I dislike the most about it are a bit chorus washy guitars, I'd prefer them a bit grittier and in-your-face. But, the original ITP mix had tons of character, every instrument is audible and sits in its place and I bet anyone could recognize the album just by the sound; that's the reason why I'd leave it alone.

And no, no one can make it sound like Symbolic nor should they IMHO. :headbang:
Maybe if they had DI tracks of all the guitars (and they don't obviously)

Didn't really expect it to sound like symbolic nor do I still want it to sound like symbolic, I was more referring to my 5th grade self, Its now my favorite sounding album they have. Just got a bit excited since the human remix was much better than the original. this one not so much. I think I'll stick to the original.

I actually liked what he did with the solo in "Trapped In a Corner". Very dreamy/smooth. The rest sounded a little jaunty.

DUDE! Who the fuck decided to kill the delay on the "Obsession" part? Heresy!

If the original version didn't hold such a place in my heart I'd say this is a pretty decent remix, but it definitely falls short of the original. Doesn't have the same character. The feel is lost. Still, it's fun to listen to for a fresh perspective on familiar performances.