DEATH (The band)

Keenan

Crippling Self Doubt
Apr 9, 2009
Florida
I NEED MORE! :lol:
I have Sound of Perserverance, and now Spiritual Healing. I'm assuming all are must haves correct? Also, the reason I made this topic..... My copy of Spiritual Healing is weird, was there a special edition made? Or do all the version open up four ways on the inside?

Ah, on the sticker on the wrapper it says "Limited Edition Digipak". I answered one of my own questions! :p

Limited edition my tits. Its just another reissue mate, the whole limited edition thing is pretty much a ploy to sell more albums.

To be honest, theres no bad Death album in existence so you can't go wrong anywhere. However, theres a few things I'd like to add here;

1. You're a fag for only just getting into Death now
2. Because of that, I'm going to kick you in the nuts one day
3. Get Symbolic
4. Get Scream Bloody Gore
5. Do a barrel roll
6. Get Leprosy
7. Get Human
8. Get Individual Thought Patterns
9. ????
10. PROFIT!

I'm assuming all are must haves correct?

Well, if you like The Sound of Perseverance (which is my least favourite Death album) and Spiritual Healing, then yes.

I hate those kind of comments. You were only just getting into Death once too you know Dave...

Anyway, Death have been one of my very favourite bands ever since I heard Human for the first time. Chuck Schuldiner is in my opinion one of the greatest musicians to ever live. I consider myself very lucky to own two signed Death records...

lp2.jpg

That's probably my favourite piece in my collection.

I love Death so much its untrue. Ive done covers in the past that his family have heard and they sent me a lovely email... or emails even, and i was so happy. I dunno what else i can say without blabbing on for years.

So's ya face.

Thanks Podgie and Covet Chaos. :)
Was this album also going out of print? Amazon has it for $29.99 (I was sneaky and got mine for $8.98 hehehe...) and that seems kinda pricey....

I hate those kind of comments. You were only just getting into Death once too you know Dave...

Incorrect. I was born with a copy of Scream Bloody Gore in my tiny hands and screaming ZOMBIEEEEEEEEE RITUALLLLLLLLLLLL!!

p.s. No, YOUR face. I first heard Death when I was 8, same day I first got introduced to Onslaught and Metallica. So...

middle-finger.jpg

Incorrect. I was born with a copy of Scream Bloody Gore in my tiny hands and screaming ZOMBIEEEEEEEEE RITUALLLLLLLLLLLL!!

p.s. No, YOUR face. I first heard Death when I was 8, same day I first got introduced to Onslaught and Metallica. So...

middle-finger.jpg

Oh no. I have been bested. You're waaaaaaay more "metal" than I am Dave. There, you win. Feel better? No? Good.

Spiritual Healing is just fucking perfect. AMAZING song.

I know I'm more metal than you. Everyone knows that, thats my sole purpose for existing on these forums - to belittle people needlessly and generally piss people off. What you can't get in happiness and satisfaction you can make up for with shits and giggles. You should know that by now my young pprentice Much to learn, you have.

On a seperate not, this topic made me give SH another go and to be honest I prefer SBG and TSoP these days. Don't get me wrong, its still fucking ace - but maybe I've just heard it far too many times.

I would of saw Death live TSOP tour, but the show was cancelled. I found out the hard way, at the front door of the venue.
That is just awful... :erk:

Spiritual Healing i think is Deaths best. Its a perfect cross of the old style, and what was to become. TSOP doesnt feel like a Death album, because technically it wasnt. Symbolic has its moments, but overall its possibly close to the bottom of my list.

I bought Overkills Feel The Fire and Deaths Scream Bloody Gore in 2005, but it took til 2006 to really really get into Death. They are kings of riffs.

Was this album also going out of print?

The initial Combat/Under One Flag presses on CD and vinyl are out of print. There's been many reissues of the album put out since then.

One thing I'd say to you is don't worry about getting first presses etc. Chuck would be happy to hear his music has found it's way into another persons heart. Whether it be that of a 20 year old guy or an ubermetal 8 year old, it shouldn't fucking matter.

I know I'm more metal than you.

The Sound of Perseverance is my least favourite Death album, does that make you 'more metal' than me too?? :lol:

I would recommend, after you bought those, Symbolic, and Individual thought patterns. My favourite death albums right there. Gene Hoglan is THE MAN!

Ditto my love. Its like a follow up to Human that doesnt match up to Human. That said, there isnt a bad Death album.

Dave... these guys... How could you do something like this to our love triangle? I might cry.