Death To All North American Tour 2013

Justin G

Jul 28, 2007
Northern VA
www.facebook.com
Organizers have confirmed a new run of North American DEATH To All tour dates - celebrating the life and music of the legendary Chuck Schuldiner.

The tour will feature Death's Human lineup - guitarist Paul Masvidal, bassist Steve DiGiorgio, and drummer Sean Reinert - performing tracks from the band’s first four albums, and the cream of the Human album. The singer for the tour has not yet been announced, but will be revealed soon.

Death To All tour dates include:

April
13 - West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
15 - Englewood, CO - Gothic Theatre
18 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrews Hall
19 - Cleveland, OH - House Of Blues Cleveland
20 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's
21 - Chicago, IL - House Of Blues
23 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
24 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
25 - Philadelphia, PA - Theater of the Living Arts
26 - Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore
27 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
28 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre
29 - Mexico City, MX - Circo Volador

I'm hitting the Silver Spring date for sure.

I will be down the road at Diamond Head when this tour hits Chicago.
The first two DEATH were brilliant. Just a band I never kept up with over the years, as death metal in general has never been my thing.

I am a bit mixed on this in general, though I guess I supported the last couple Thin Lizzy performances wihch were glorified tributes as well, obviously not being old enough to be able to see them in their prime.

I went to this last year and it was very well done. They definitely did a great job with paying tribute, and the show itself was one of the best I've been to in years. Hell, they played for almost 2 1/2 hours, so I suggest anyone who has the slightest interest to go. The only question I have about this though is that asides from the NY, CA and Chicago show, I'm pretty sure ticket sales weren't good and that's why they had to cancel, which is why I'm sort of confused why they would have this long of a trek.

I went to this last year and it was very well done. They definitely did a great job with paying tribute, and the show itself was one of the best I've been to in years. Hell, they played for almost 2 1/2 hours, so I suggest anyone who has the slightest interest to go. The only question I have about this though is that asides from the NY, CA and Chicago show, I'm pretty sure ticket sales weren't good and that's why they had to cancel, which is why I'm sort of confused why they would have this long of a trek.
There was more to it than ticket sales - here's a summary of the two sides, although there are plenty of other stories out there.

I guess they're trying to keep this one more conservative in lieu of all the controversy of people not getting paid on the last one.

If people want to see this, they can and should. And, the cause is one of the most noble of all causes I can think of. The sad fact is that the majority of American musicians cannot afford health insurance, so this is a great way to spread awareness of this issue and hopefully get more people to donate to this great charity.

However, I personally think this is a hologram away from being a bit too weird for my liking.

However, I personally think this is a hologram away from being a bit too weird for my liking.
The charity aspect is pretty much what keeps it tasteful in my opinion. I unfortunately missed last year's and plan to go to this year's, but the fact that this year is basically Cynic + Steve DiGiorgio makes it feel less like a special event, and more like they're setting it up to be an ongoing thing. Whether or not that's their intent, I don't know, and I'm certainly not going to complain about seeing Paul, Sean, and Steve play Death tunes for charity...but if they're not careful, it could start to really cheapen what they're doing.

The charity aspect is pretty much what keeps it tasteful in my opinion. I unfortunately missed last year's and plan to go to this year's, but the fact that this year is basically Cynic + Steve DiGiorgio makes it feel less like a special event, and more like they're setting it up to be an ongoing thing. Whether or not that's their intent, I don't know, and I'm certainly not going to complain about seeing Paul, Sean, and Steve play Death tunes for charity...but if they're not careful, it could start to really cheapen what they're doing.

I do agree with this. I went and it was amazing, but I definitely feel this should be the final time they do this. I do get the feeling though that they're mostly doing this to make up for what happened last time on certain dates.

Fuck holograms. Do it like Meshuggah did on this last tour when their singer couldn't perform.

That's right bitches. Cardboard cutout of the singer on stage. FTW. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went and it was amazing, but I definitely feel this should be the final time they do this.

Looks like it's the opposite:

"According to the manager of the Death legacy, Eric Greif, the plan of attack for 2013 was to do two versions of Death To All.

One of them — DTA1 — focusing on the band’s first four releases (1987’s Scream Bloody Gore, 1988’s Leprosy, 1990’s Spiritual Healing and 1991’s Human), and another — DTA2 — focusing on their final three.

“It will be the DTA2 lineup that goes to Europe to do that one fest,” Eric tells us, “but at NDF they’ll be playing songs from the entire catalog”.

Greif says the plan in 2014 is to try and once again combine the lineups for a monster world tour, if it is logistically possible."

That's right bitches. Cardboard cutout of the singer on stage. FTW. :lol:

Or even better, a blow-up doll!

Looks like it's the opposite:

"According to the manager of the Death legacy, Eric Greif, the plan of attack for 2013 was to do two versions of Death To All.

One of them — DTA1 — focusing on the band’s first four releases (1987’s Scream Bloody Gore, 1988’s Leprosy, 1990’s Spiritual Healing and 1991’s Human), and another — DTA2 — focusing on their final three.

“It will be the DTA2 lineup that goes to Europe to do that one fest,” Eric tells us, “but at NDF they’ll be playing songs from the entire catalog”.

Greif says the plan in 2014 is to try and once again combine the lineups for a monster world tour, if it is logistically possible."

Now I have an issue with it. It's good they're doing it for charity, but that's just too much.