deathcore band tuned too low haha

jmp72

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2008
hi! :headbang:
We take a full day in a big studio and the drummer was unable to do his take so I ended with GP midi tracks (I really hate fake stuff btw), they are tuned super low (Gb I think) and the guitar was done with the guitar player amp, a genz benz el diablo with the genz benz cab (ouch...negatively)

i'm not here to copy any sound and use any preset/ir/pod/stuff like that :), they wanted a sound with the drum super present in the mix, I did everything I could with their playing, (bass and guitar not really tight)

EDIT: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4970378/Lunacy C.mp3

here is the band www.myspace.com/epiphanyfromtheabyss :kickass:

-Benoit

What do they mean on their myspace by horrible bassboosts? Sub bass drops? Cause those are horrible.
Guitar sound isn't the greatest, but not too bad, probably the genz benz. Overall sounds pretty good dude

I didn't mean your bass drops, I just think they're pretty gay in general. I checked out some Upon a Burning Body stuff the other day and it actually made me angry. They had a drop on like every couple bars of every break down, fucking terrible.
I found it hilarious that the band refers to having horrible bass boosts on their myspace

haha ok! this a new band and they are relatively young (17 years old), probably all their first band

i'm listening to Upon a Burning Body right now, amazing band :headbang:

-Benoit

I didn't mean your bass drops, I just think they're pretty gay in general. I checked out some Upon a Burning Body stuff the other day and it actually made me angry. They had a drop on like every couple bars of every break down, fucking terrible.
I found it hilarious that the band refers to having horrible bass boosts on their myspace

funny thing, UABB still rapes haha.

and to OP, I have recorded a couple of deathcore bands that are in Gb/F# (which ever you prefer) and it never sounded like the guitars were tuned "too low" like the clip you posted. just buy a 7 string for when bands like this come around. works like a charm

if not just throw some 70s on the guitar and you should be good to go.

tbh, i remember putting an 85 bass string on top of a 7 string so the band could hit F and E. sounded fine. IMO its more of the bass you need to worry about, not the guitars.