Is this guitar tone too dark? (low-tuned metal)

I personally think that sounds quite a bit better - might try tracking with an overall less middy/honky tone but that's definitely not as bad as it originally was!
Awesome, I'll see how it sounds tomorrow when I can listen at volume!

EDIT: Just bounced off the whole track with that tone: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/790683/RSF/Timeframes new GTR EQ.mp3. Some of the takes are a little bit cleaner too. Switching back and forth between the two, the newer EQ with Jeff's suggestions definitely sounds better, so thanks mate!
Fuck, just noticed some of the cymbal hits have disappeared.. I'll fix it tomorrow

I really like the guitar sound Adam, great to hear some excellent non-djenty tones from the Axe-FX! Organic as hell!

Been following red seas fire for ages since seeing one of petes sikth covers on youtube. Keep up the great work. Track sounds sick!!

this awesome stuff!

didn't know the axe was capable of non djent stuff! this sounds really good! i liked the first tone, even though it was dark as hell.

the second one is an improvement, though.

oh wow, you live in bath! (i'm always either there or bristol)

thanks,

some of the riffs in this song sound like a theme or something...its really badass and makes me get into the song more!:) congrats it sounds great!

this awesome stuff!

didn't know the axe was capable of non djent stuff! this sounds really good! i liked the first tone, even though it was dark as hell.

the second one is an improvement, though.

oh wow, you live in bath! (i'm always either there or bristol)

thanks,
Awesome, I spend lots of time in Bristol too.
I had no idea there was any scene for this kind of music around here, but recently I've come across a few guys, including G1 from this very forum.
Just keep it up dudes, and get some shows in Ireland while your at it.

Thanks man, I/we appreciate the support! :kickass:

some of the riffs in this song sound like a theme or something...its really badass and makes me get into the song more!:) congrats it sounds great!

That's a really cool thing to say mate, the riffs are supposed to be thematically linked in some way or other, very cool that you noticed!
It's made for non djent stuff. ;) Then there's some of us that are excellent in djent, so... :headbang:

Yep absolutely agreed!