Deathcore / Breakdown shit

Folkrav

Jean-Sébastien Beaulieu
Dec 4, 2009
Montreal, QC
ctastudios.co.cc
I already put out this song as a rough mix/pre prod thing, but I finished the mix for final release now and I'm just asking for some advice for future mix/masters. This is my band's song "Not Conforming", actually the first time I mix my own stuff really.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6505151/Not Conforming.mp3

Thanks.

The guys wanted really punchy breakdowns and felt all the time that the drums (kick and snare) were not enough upfront. After resting my ears, I feel that it's too loud now. But whatever... They like it...

first of all - congz :D
it sound awesome realy like the vibe of the production - tho a more "round" mix mybe can sound better.
tho somethings that bugs me - the kick and the snare sound realy the same so its sounds like there no snare .. make the snare more fat (250hz boost mybe) and have different "character"

expect the snare things I realy liked it :D very roomy mix :D

For you guys info, I know the cymbals tend to be a little phasy on some parts : the drummer's not so tight so I had to goddamn edit every single cymbal stroke, and on a couple of hits, it was impossible to make sound okay, but it was WAAAAY too shitty if I left it the way it was. Whatever... Had to do it, even if it hurts my ears.

Sounds pretty good man. I enjoyed the song. I think the cymbals may be a bit too overbearing. Maybe a little work on a stronger kick and snare sound.