Death's human remastered

D.Vial

Monster Lick
Nov 9, 2009
www.myspace.com
Hello, did anyone hear the new versión of 'Lack Of Comprehension'??

I'm not very sure about it.. I think that the new mix doesn't blend good into the song, there's a lack of "wall tone"..... anyway you can hear it at the band's official Facebook page (you must "like" the song in order to stream it).

I haven't heard it...and I don't plan on even giving it a listen tbh.

I hate the idea of going back and remastering something that had been finished at one point...
the mastering seals the production....that's it....then you might like the CD and it means something for you..or in some cases even defines an era.....and then someone comes and changes that.....
IMO that doesn't make a good CD better, it just takes away the magic and above all it might take away from the magic that connects YOU to the release....it's just not the same then.

there's one exception though...I wouldn't mind having a remastered version of deaf magnetic, I might actually make it all the way through then :D

I hate the idea of going back and remastering something that had been finished at one point...
the mastering seals the production....that's it....then you might like the CD and it means something for you..or in some cases even defines an era.....and then someone comes and changes that.....
IMO that doesn't make a good CD better, it just takes away the magic and above all it might take away from the magic that connects YOU to the release....it's just not the same then.

I would normally agree, but it was redone by a guy who did great work with Death in the past. You still definitely have a point, but it not being done by some douchebag "flavor of the week" producer makes it a bit more acceptable in my book. :lol:

It's a full re-mix Lasse, I really cannot see the point.

I suppose it's just a symptom of living in a post-dimebag world.

I haven't heard it...and I don't plan on even giving it a listen tbh.

there's one exception though...I wouldn't mind having a remastered version of deaf magnetic, I might actually make it all the way through then :D

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ll-Album/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-001e415607f7

have you checked that out yet?

The remix sounds pretty good to me. Not totally different, but just better. I love "Human", and this remix doesn't butcher it but makes it better. Great to hear the bass better finally :)

Hmm sounds pretty good.

I always wondered.....the drums sound damn good on the original album.....was there sample replacement or anything like that going on back in the 90's?

I despise the megadeth remixes... and most remix/remasters for that matter.

But this is something i completely support. There is so many stories about the rough mixes of this album sounding better than the final and i've even heard tapes of the drum and bass only tracks that were floating around on cassette for years.

Its no secret that the band, particularly steve digorgio werent exactly happy with the final.

Who better to remix it than the guy engineered it with scott burns? Jim Morris was the exact right guy to do this as his relationship with chuck was very strong and he knew exactly what he wanted. Plus he is just one of the nicest guys in the biz! One of my fave dudes i've had the chance of sharing the studio with...

Hmm sounds pretty good.

I always wondered.....the drums sound damn good on the original album.....was there sample replacement or anything like that going on back in the 90's?

Yes of course there was! I know that this kick is triggered on this one. Probably not replaced afterwards.

Alot of sample replacement was done via midi and dumped to tape back then. There is also stories of them using a tc2290 to send tempo dependent midi info to a sequencer to completely replace bad double kick parts.

I can tell you that this DID not happen on this particular album I've asked had that question answered by jim morris himself. The kick is triggered but he claims they did not have to edit sean much if it all.

He also pretty much talks about sean being the best he'd ever worked with and tells all kinds of crazy stories about the guys skill.

One being sean playing crazy double kick parts and using his left heel to count on the high hat while doing so!