Dec 10, 2005: Katagory V to play with Helstar, Agent Steel, and Avenger Of Blood

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
Katagory V will be playing with Helstar and Agent Steel on Saturday, December 10th, 2005 at Club Vegas, Salt Lake City, Utah.

The lineup is as follows:

Helstar
Agent Steel
Katagory V
Avenger Of Blood

This may be the last reunion show that Helstar does for a while, as members in the current lineup are quite busy with other projects at the moment.

Club Vegas is located at 445 South 400 West, Salt Lake City, Utah.

Tickets should be on sale in the next week or so, and I will also get some details up about nearby hotels and such for those wishing to travel to see this show!

A Tad Loud/Mr Toast/Triamid Production

This is somewhat of a cross-post form the lcoal metal board me and Mr. Toast help run - this is my slightly breif overview of how the show was. :p

Let me begin by saying that yes, it was a very small crowd, and yes, we would have been fools to think we could draw a crowd awhile Dokken was in town for the (enter a number here) time this year; only a few miles down the road at another venue.

For those that came out to M. o. M. – THANK YOU!!!! You are true blue metal through and through!!! There are no words to truly express our (all the bands and people involved) appreciation. You know this was a one-time show and your dedication to metal proved you are all the ones that help bring life and stability to a very fragile scene.

Overall, I had a blast meeting all of my musical idols from days of my youth, making some connections, exchanging stories, drinking, running form here to there, and at some point feeling I might be ready to snap from the stress at any moment! LOL!

Some of the highlights of course were playing Leatherwolf’s “The Calling” with the originator of the song himself – Geoff Gayer, having to pick up one of my biggest Bass guitar Idols at the airport – Jerry Abarca - a very awkward yet thrilling experience, but a very humble and gentle guy.. I wish I had more time to pick his brain and visit with him. Finally getting to see Helstar and Agent Steel LIVE!!!!

Avengers of Blood was amazing, and I can honestly say there is no other thrash band in the states that can compare to these guys when it comes to playing brutal, true Germanic thrash!

I’m sure there is a whole lot more.. But I cannot recall at this time.

A big thanks to TJ, Dusty and Club Vegas, Jeff and Nate from Loud Productions , Dan the light man, Dave for sticking to his guns by helping with sound at this show, Thomas G and everyone who flipped the proverbial finger to following the crowd and by taking a chance by coming out to this show… THANK YOU!

\m/
Dustin