DECAPITATED announce new vocalist and tour

Gaunerin

vanquish the pain
Oct 5, 2001
ensamhetens vildmark
After nine years Sauron has announced he is leaving Decapitated. His position in the band is going to be taken over byCovan, a previous member of Atrophia Red Sun. He is going to take part in the recording of the new album and theforthcoming gigs of the band.And here's Sauron's statement pertaining to this situation:

"After long consideration I have decided to leave Decapitated.It was not an easy decision, however, I could reconcile the welfare of the band with my personal plans, and hence quittingappeared to be the best solution not hampering the evolution of Decapitated. In the face of the wide-scaled plans of theband I had to decide between being a member of Decapitated and my personal objectives. Moreover, another reason thatcontributed to my decision have been some health complications. In the first place I would like to thank my friends fromthe band for those nine years. I would also like to salute all the fans and people who supported us throughout all thoseyears. I'm turning the mike over to an appropriate person, andwhat is more, I'm sure that this change will dogood to the band. Respect and good luck, Covan! For my part, I'm going to keep track of Decapitated and support themin every possible way. Regards.Sauron."

More news on www.decapitated.pl

In November DECAPITATED will hit the US territories!Tour is being organized by First Row Talent and Massive Music. DECAPITATED will be supporting VADER along with DEW-SCENTED and some local bands.

5.11 Worcester , Mass
6.11 Springfield , Va
7.11 New York City
8.11 Cleveland , Oh
9.11 Chicago, ill
10.11 Minneapolis , mn
11.11 Winnipeg , Man
12.11 Regina
13.11 Saskatoon
14.11 Calgary
15.11 Edmonton
16.11 Vancouver
17.11 Seattle
18.11 Portland
19.11 San Francisco, CA
20.11 Los Angeles, CA
21.11 Santa Ana, CA
22.11 Phoenix
23.11 off
24.11 Corpus Christi
25.11 San Antonio
26.11 Houston
27.11 Ok City
28.11 St Louis
29.11 Dayton , ohio
30.11 Utica , ny

Right after the US tour (where the band is playing along with VADER and DEW-SCENTED),DECAPITATED will move on to Canada to play 10 headlining gigs. The dates are as follows:

01.12 Toronto, Ontario (ON)
02.12 Cambridge, Ontario (ON)
03.12 Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec (QC)
04.12 Ottawa, Ontario (ON)
05.12 Montreal, Quebec (QC)
06.12 St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec (QC)
07.12 Montreal, Quebec (QC)
08.12 Trois-Rivieres, Quebec (QC)
09.12 Rimouski, Quebec (QC)
10.12 Quebec City, Quebec (QC)

DECAPITATED is also about to attack European countriesagain as a headlining act, this time supported by bands likeGOREROTTED, DETONATION and DAM. The tour schedule contains12 dates in England, Scotland and Ireland and 14 datesin such countries like Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium,Italy, Denmark and Czech Republic. Tourdates will be posted soon.