Decapitated get in car wreck

I just realized. The title of the thread says car wreck, but it involved a bus and truck.

Just an observation.

And Ian,dude, of course AA is still coming, why would you think that they weren't?

this is the bulletin sent out by martin.. im pretty sure its on blabbermouth as well:

This statement was released on behalf of one of Covan's family members:
Covan and Vitek are still at the hospital in Novozybkov, Russia,
where they were taken to following the accident. Despite the rumors,
they are not in Moscow. Their families are currently trying to decide
the best possible city and hospital to take them to next for additional medical attention.
Covan is showing some progress, but unfortunately, there have been
no signs of improvement on Vitek's condition. The family's of Covan
and Vitek appreciate everyone's concern on the matter, but please
do not spread any more uncomfirmed rumors or information
on the internet. More details will soon be released.

From Blabbermouth.net:

"Drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metal band DECAPITATED passed away in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a recent road collision. He was 23 years old.

Vitek and DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) were injured in an accident earlier in the week involving DECAPITATED's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. Both musicians reportedly sustained serious head injuries in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed).

According to the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl, Vitek underwent trepanation, a form of surgery in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the skull, and was due to be transported to a hospital in Krakow, Poland for further treatment.

Covan's family released a statement yesterday (Thursday, November 1) that the vocalist's condition had improved. At the time, the vocalist was still said to be at a hospital in Novozybkov, Russia, where he and Vitek were taken following the accident."

Just started to listen to them last week and their music rocks. Too sad. RIP

Man, only 23 years old, thats horrible. RIP Vitek. Hopefully Coven can make a good recovery. Here is an AA statement from a myspace bulletin.

"It’s with deep shock and sadness we have received the tragic news of the death of Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka, drummer in Decapitated, and we want to express our deepest condolences to his family and friends. We were really looking forward to touring North America with Decapitated, and the news of the accident came as a real shock. We also want to send our best well wishes to Adrian “Covan” Kowanek, who also was injured in the accident, and we sincerely hope that he will recover soon."

As usual, words fail me. I can only hope his memory is honored long and well. So young.... live well, for you never know when you may wake to your fate staring you in the face.

I keep hoping for good news about Covan at least. I've been playing lots and lots of Decapitated and headbanging in their honour

A washed up pop-star shaves her head and it's all over the news. A band gets in a car wreck with injuries and a death and I hear nothing about it.

But it's not like they're the most famous band. Especially in America. But still.....

Well I was never a big fan of them. I really loved their instrumental work but not a huge fan of the vocalist.

R.I.P. Vitke :cry: