Decapitated New Line-Up

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
On July 31, 2009, the Austrian drummer Kerim "Krimh" Lechner from the band Thorns of Ivy and Tone Intimacy joined Decapitated.[21][22] On November 20, 2009, the new line-up was completed with the vocalist Rafał Piotrowski of the band Ketha and Forgotten Souls and bassist Filip "Heinrich" Hałucha of Vesania, Rootwater, UnSun and Masachist.[23][20]

The band continues with support of Nuclear Blast record label and Hard Impact Music management. Decapitated announced 2010 February concerts in United Kingdom as well as April and May tour dates in Australia and Europe spring festivals. The band also plans shows in the United States in summer 2010 after which it will concentrate on a new studio album.[18][24]

I've known about the new drummer, but I've totally missed the news on the new vocalist and bassist!

Needless to say I'm VERY psyched! Not only am I going to see them live finally (although it's a shame I only get to see one original member), but also I'll get my hands on their new album this year too! 2010 is going to be good :)

Decapitated has a special place in my heart especially since they were actually one of the first death metal bands to got into when I was about 14.

I'm a little excited about their new album, and I'll be seeing them in April when they come to Australia with Origin, Misery Index and Psycroptic, this is even if I didn't like Organic Hallucinosis much at all. I missed them with the original line up a couple years ago because I was in the military in a different country. Winds of Creation has to be one of my all time favourite albums.

I'll be interested to check out the new line-up, but I think he probably should have just started a new band.

I listened to one of the bands that the new vocalist was in, if that's any indication as to what he'll do in Decapitated I'm going to be terribly dissapointed.

What they went through with that crash was pretty sucky, but (regardless of the quality of their later albums), it's good to see they're moving on and rebuilding. Good luck to the new drummer in trying to play the old stuff.

(zomg wtf i posted here?)

Good luck to the new drummer in trying to play the old stuff.

You'll be glad to know he can handle business:

EDIT: This is quickly turning into one of my favorite drumming videos because the quality is just so fucking perfect and IT'S SYNCHED (you'll be amazed how many drumming videos are off-synch)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, the synched drum track is perfect and he is fucking awesome. It was pretty flawless I guess. Any links to some of his older work ?

No way, I just checked out Jamie Saint Merat, he is too focused on blast-beats..sure he was a good drummer, but Krim definitely has the Vitek style down with more focus on the rhythmic interval double bass pedaling as opposed to the constant barrage of double bass and blast-beats

And I just checked out the new vocalist's cover of Invisible Control..I'd say he's ok, he is like a hybrid of Sauron and Cowan so I guess that works out..heres the vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
The new vocalist seems okay, but I'm not really impressed. They should just bring Sauron back.

No way, I just checked out Jamie Saint Merat, he is too focused on blast-beats

If you think Jamie Saint Merat is too focused on blast beats, you haven't heard Everything is Fire. If anything, he holds off on the blast beats until they're entirely necessary, and does more work with his toms and high hat than most metal drummers. His double bass work also reminds me of Vitek.

I was lucky enough to see Decap a few months before the wreck. Too bad about Vitek, the guy was an incredible talent and a workhorse. He actually pushed aside Krisiun's roadies aside at the show and got Max's drums miced up!