decent metal albums since 1988?

All Primordial albums
Death - Symbolic
Fear Factory - Demanufacture (imho)
Tim's Favourite - Noises from the Darkroom although hardly metal
Tool - Lateralus although hardly metal as well
Most Channel Zero albums

Enslaved - Isa is the best metal album i've heard since 1999, just my cup of herbal tea, i guess you Duncan won't like it.
I can also add Iron Maiden - Brave new world, Graveland - The fire of awakening, Drudkh - Autumn aurora...

death - individual thought patterns
at the gates - sots
the crown - crowned in terror
agalloch - the mantle / pale folklore
strapping young lad - city
in flames - jester race

voivod nothingface- 89 i think
voivod angelrat
danzig III and IV
errm...
down NOLA
coroner - no more colour
coroner - grin
kreator -renewal *cough*mehdi?? EH??

not really METAL but
in the woods
neurosis thru silver in blood

french_anatheman said:
I only like the music, the concept does not matter to me

Basically that's what I meant. I'm not daft, I know that doesn't make you a nazi. Sometimes I'm just "amazed" how many people think like you do, that's all.

I was going to list some albums but there would be too many to waste my time, I would say some of the best bands artists are Katatonia, early Anathema (until judgement), Agalloch, Drudkh, Desultory, Decoryah, earlier in flamers, My Dying Bride and the first hammerfall cd =)

when i get to know more about an artist who's music i like, and i find out stuff like nazi stuff, then there's much more hesitation to give it a listen.

well like beck, i found out he's a a scientologist before he did mule variations. i've never been that huge fan, but i did have cds/tapes of him... then mule variations came out and i didn't listen to it even though the critics sounded like i'd like the album. (i heard mule variations lastyear but couldn't get into it then anyway)

though in case of nazi music i'm quite sure i'd do like a friend of mine did after finding out one of his favorite bands were: destroy the cd's with an axe.

hmm. typo o negative? was quite okay but dunno if that's metal.