Deep Purple at the Astoria!!

saxonfan

Oct 10, 2002
CHICAGO,IL,U.S.A.
Visit site
Saxon played there at the beginning of the Lionheart tour.I can't believe the almighty Purple is playing there.If anyone hasn't seen Purple before,you gotta see them live,especially at a smaller venue like this.I think its on Jan 17th. In October of '04,I saw Saxon for 4 shows in the UK.After the last gig in Glasgow,I flew home.Whilst changing planes at London Heathrow,who do I run into but Steve Morse,guitarist from Purple.We had time to talk for about 10 minutes,extremely nice guy.Just thought it was cool to have just seen Saxon,meet them,then meet Steve Morse on the same journey,I was on cloud 9...

Hey - Saxon Fan !!
I went to the Dusseldorf gig from London and met Saxonator, Northern Lady and Suzie where they sang your praises ! Did you manage to get tickets for Deep Purple at Astoria ? If so we will have to meet up ! I am a big Deep Purple fan and have seen them loads of times over the years. Went on tour with Molly Hatchet to Germany when they were supporting Deep Purple and met Ian Gillan on his 59th Birthday !! See you at DP or on the Saxon Tour next year ! Molly Hatchet are also planning a European Tour in 2006 and I can highly recommend it. Have seen them many times in Germany, France and Sweden (they don't often visit England) and they (Southern) Rooooooooooooocccccccckkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!
Have a great Biffmas !!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Goss.

I wish I could see Purple,I'll probably wait til they come to the states.To go that far I would have to see more than 1 gig.They only have the one show in the UK.They do have several shows sheduled in Germany.Besides that I cannot afford to go now.I am saving for Saxon in the States.Next time I fly over for Saxon we should all meet for sure.I also met Purple back in Aug '04,Gillan and Glover couldn't have been more hospitable.Do you have their new album?It only took 2 listens and hasn't left my stereo yet...
GOSS said:
Hey - Saxon Fan !!
I went to the Dusseldorf gig from London and met Saxonator, Northern Lady and Suzie where they sang your praises ! Did you manage to get tickets for Deep Purple at Astoria ? If so we will have to meet up ! I am a big Deep Purple fan and have seen them loads of times over the years. Went on tour with Molly Hatchet to Germany when they were supporting Deep Purple and met Ian Gillan on his 59th Birthday !! See you at DP or on the Saxon Tour next year ! Molly Hatchet are also planning a European Tour in 2006 and I can highly recommend it. Have seen them many times in Germany, France and Sweden (they don't often visit England) and they (Southern) Rooooooooooooocccccccckkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!
Have a great Biffmas !!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Goss.