Def Leppard album 4.29.08 (U.S.)

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I'm going to pick up the new album, I have heard a few samples and it sounds contemporary. Not metal, not hard rock, just modern rock...
I'm not expecting too much from that album, but I'm expecting better than X, Slang and Euphoria... We'll see though... I did like their Yeah! covers album..

i liked slang a lot, euphoria sounds like rehashed 80's stuff thats not as good as the 80's except a few songs. X was weird, the first 6 songs (up to and including four letter word) were great then it hit rock bottom fast until the last track "scar" which was one of the best post 80's def leppard songs. i'm getting this tuesday too as i've never been disappointed with the lep. from the clips i heard a lot of songs sound like "four letter word" which was my favorite track on X plus it seemed like only 1 ballad

i'm waiting for my g/f to get home with it. i work 3rd shift and she was going to the mall today so i gave her money for def leppard, testament (formation of damnation and the rerelease of the gathering) and overkill immortalis

about time someone slapped these guys in the back of the head and woke them up. i'm halfway through the album. it really has no ballads (the song "love" is sorta ballad like but more like a queen song with many different tempos) the rest are very similar to the rock songs on SLANG but with more guitar work and better lyrics. the opening track on this one is pretty heavy though

I heard they said they wont play much from the album on the upcoming tour as they know people will walk out, if thats true why make the record knowing fans wont like it??

if thats true why make the record knowing fans wont like it??

Because of the money. If it's true that most revenues for bands comes from live gigs, a considerable amount may come from sellings, so a new record = sellings (in major o minor degree), that I believe but I may be mistaken.

Look at Metallica, they have 4 crappy albums after AJFA and still they play most material live from the first four albums, not much confidence in the newer material, isn't it? :Smug:

I heard they said they wont play much from the album on the upcoming tour as they know people will walk out, if thats true why make the record knowing fans wont like it??

They should not record new albums. They'll probably play one song off the album... The die-hard fans don't want new music from some bands, they just want to see them live. Def Leppard being one of those bands... I think bands like Def Leppard make good money on the road and don't need to have new record out to tour. I'll be honest I liked their covers album better than this album of new material. There are about 2-3 worth while songs on there but it simply doesn't move me. It is however better than X and Slang...

I´ve just heard the album and I don´t know how to say. It´s not bad but songs aren´t good enough. "Go" is OK, "Bad actress" too... but overall, it´s just a little above average, far better than "Slang" or "X" but much worse than "Euphoria". By the way, in my opinion "Euphoria" is an underated album. I consider it´s their best effort since "Hysteria", even better than "Adrenalize".

I´ve just heard the album and I don´t know how to say. It´s not bad but songs aren´t good enough. "Go" is OK, "Bad actress" too... but overall, it´s just a little above average, far better than "Slang" or "X" but much worse than "Euphoria". By the way, in my opinion "Euphoria" is an underated album. I consider it´s their best effort since "Hysteria", even better than "Adrenalize".

I think I'll have to agree with everything you said...

Hysteria was way better no question, but euphoria was ok!

As for the new one its so so, sounds like songs left out when other albums were recorded if that makes sense!

Ive said about two posts before you posted that, I think its so so, Ive heard better albums, Ive also heard worse, I would put it on an equal par with euphoria! Its basically what you expect from def leppard these days with no suprises! :D