DEF LEPPARD Drummer To Showcase 'Art To Wear' Jewelry And 'Drums For Peace' Art This Weekend

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DEF LEPPARD drummer Rick Allen will showcase his "Art To Wear" jewelry and "Drums For Peace" art collection at two special events this weekend: Saturday January 13 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The Mall at Short Hills 1200 Morris Turnpike Short Hills, NJ (973) 564-9776 Sunday January 14 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. The Court at King of Prussia 690 West Dekalb Pike King of Prussia, PA (610) 337-8988 "Drums For Peace" is an exhibit that benefits military veterans via Project Resiliency. The mixed media collection includes his paintings on drum heads, toy buses, clothing and other objects. "I got into painting as a kid, before I got into music," Allen told Billboard last November. "I'm not trained but it's something that I really enjoy doing simply because it takes me to the same place I go when I play music, sort of the mindless place where you're just in the moment and there are no rules — almost a meditative state. It's just sort of the pursuit of that even flow, that zone." Each exquisite piece in the "Art To Wear" collection is custom crafted and individually numbered and signed as part of a limited edition of only 99. This is more than jewelry, it is truly art that you wear. Said Allen: "As an artist, I see the beauty in many things. I see beauty in music, art, photography and people. My new 'Art To Wear' is another path for me to express my creativity and share my interpretation of the beauty I see in all things. Wearable art is a way to take a unique piece of art that has a story, and make it your own." For more information, visit www.wentworth-art.com.

Continue reading...