Def Leppard?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Oh man I have a feeling that I am going to get SLAMMED by this post...but...ah who cares. My favorite band is Def Leppard, although I love metal (especially power/prog) Def Leppard was the first "rock band" I ever got into. I think "Hysteria" was probably one of the best albums ever made and their subsequent albums were pretty good but not great. Anyone else have some Leppard discs in their collection, have seen them live, or just like them in general. By the way, Rick Allen is a GOD!!

The_Q said:
Oh man I have a feeling that I am going to get SLAMMED by this post...but...ah who cares. My favorite band is Def Leppard, although I love metal (especially power/prog) Def Leppard was the first "rock band" I ever got into. I think "Hysteria" was probably one of the best albums ever made and their subsequent albums were pretty good but not great. Anyone else have some Leppard discs in their collection, have seen them live, or just like them in general. By the way, Rick Allen is a GOD!!

You're not going to get slammed by me, I love 80's metal/hard rock! I've seen Lep live once in 1992 on the Adrenalize tour, actually called the 7 Day Weekend Tour. They put on a great show, as always, but their popularity started to go down hill after that tour. Live In The Round is a great DVD to see them in action in their prime on the Hysteria tour!

I like Def Lep!! My personal favorites are High n Dry and Pyromania but I like Hysteria, Adrenalize, and Euphoria as well. Not a big fan of Slang or X. Have seen them live several times and they usually put on a good show. Wish I could have seen them on the Hysteria tour but I got to see them in 92 on the Adrenalize tour when they also played in the round.

Let it rock, Let it roll, Let it Go!!

\m/

After the first three albums...forget about it. High-N-Dry is a scorcher of a hard rock record, though. Pyro' was good, but the albums after that are snoozers.

powermetal2000 said:
Def Leppard was one of the bands that got me into metal way back when. In fact, Pyromania & Quiet Riot's Metal Health were the first two metal records I bought way back in 83. And I'm proud to say I've still got my original vinyl copies of both those albums.

I agree. 83 was huge for "commercializing" metal. Along with those albums you had Shout at the Devil, Out of the Cellar, Stay Hungry, Screaming for Vengence, plus others. High and Dry is a killer from front to back though! :headbang: Pyromania was gigantic back in the day. I don't know why they stopped writing that way, I guess it had something to do with Pete Willis leaving/kicked out. Hysteria was a let down after the "Women" single. I didn't really care for many other songs on that album.

I have On Through The Night and High & Dry.
I actually saw them open for Ted Nugent in 1982 (OTTN tour) at the second ever show at Rosemont Horizon (now Allstate Arena) I HATED everything after Pyromania.....

J-Dubya

Haha, Def Lep and Journey are my "play quietly and alone" bands.

High n Dry and Pyromania are bad ass and hell the ginny part of me digs Hysteria and Adrenalize as well.

Dont forget Euphoria though, some classy AOR.

Ben

Well they started to slide in a MAJOR way with Hysteria - half that album I CANNOT listen to at all.... ugh..... yet the other songs like Gods of War (raawks) are classic and will always be favorites of mine....

As for the earlier albums? Oh HELL yeah bro - you are right on. Pyromania was groundbreaking as all hell - and High and Dry is one of the best straight ahead fucking rock albums E-V-E-R. :headbang:

funny, just threw on High n' Dry this afternoon! When you're a teenage rocker chick, no doubt you love def lep. having netflix, I rented "Hysteria" the Def Lep story, actually is wasn't that bad. Have seen them on a couple of tours and never a let down.

The first time I saw Def Leppard was in 1980 with Judas Priest and The Scorpions at Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo. Me and my buds were big Priest fans and we knew some Scorpions songs but we were like "Def who?". I remember after thier set we looked at each other and said, "were gonna have to pick up some Def Leppard albums!!" I've seen them 2 or 3 more times since then and they always put on a great show! High & Dry is by far my favorite album. Kicks ass!

See...stick your neck out and look at all the love flowing in.

Back in 80 or 81 my friend David put on this album called "On Through The Night" with a song called WASTED...... OH SNAP!!!! I was sold on Def Lepp at the start of MTV and all the NWOBM that came out. Def Leppard has and always be my fav no matter what they put out. Call it the song writting, riffs vocals, production, all the past memories, I just love the sound. I grew up in the Reagan decade ( class of 86...twenty year reunion comming up next year ) and my favorite memory is having Def Lepp by my side from the very beginning.

Most of the music I listen to now is prog/power/gothic metal. Most is gothic metal. It has the sound, emotion, darkness, and power THAT I JUST DIG !!! NIGHTWISH, WITHIN TEMPTATION, POISIONBLACK, AFTER FOREVER, EPICA, TO/DIE/FOR, LEEVES EYES, BESEECH, BLOODFLOERZ, THE 69 EYES, LACUNA COIL, HIM, EVANESCENCE, ( THE GATHERING which started it all for me back in 95 or 96 ), AND THE VISION BLEAK just to name a few. So if I'm ever at any of thoes shows, I'll were my Def Lepp shirt proud in from of all the goth girls and guys.

Yea there is room fro MASTERPLAN, QUEESRYCHE, DARK MOOR, BALANCE OF POWER, NARNIA, SILENT FORCE, EDGUY, and all the bands that have ever played PP and to many more to name.

What I want to know what has ever happened to Cea Serin? Thoes guys put out the most creative pieces of music creativity called "When memories combine" I've ever heard!!! And after I discovered them I find out they are from my hometown of Baton Rouge Louisiana. YEA THAT'S RIGHT METAL FROM THE BAYOU STATE !!! I never knew them or if they ever put on shows here in the clubs.

Check out my username.

The Q you have nothing to fear about being slamed. Nothin but love and respect.
"It's better to burn out than fade awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy !"

(Cool, The Vision Bleak :))

I like all of the Def Leppard I've heard, and I think I had the privilege of seeing them live once, in Atlanta, but I can't remember exactly when or with who. Rock and metal were simpler back then, and in some ways it had an innocence that, alas, will never return.