Def Leppard?

Def Leppards best album is On Through the Night!!!!!

Wasted, wasted my time, wasted!!!! I remember my frist band used to play that song at party's!!!

Bear

Def Leppard is the band that got me into heavy metal, and I think they had a major influence on my listening tastes. Like Stagefright, these days my tastes run towards dark metal, but I think my love for solid, melody-driven metal like Masterplan, Freedom Call, and even Iron Maiden for that matter, comes directly from listening to Def Leppard as a kid.

Bringin' on the Heartbreak on MTV was my first exposure to Lep and I've been a die-hard fan ever since. I liked Slang, but I remember actually cheering in my car when I first heard Promises, I was SO excited that they had gone back to their signature sound. They are supposed to tour this summer and I'll definately go see them if they come anywhere near me!

I still can't get that DVD "Historia/ In The Round In Your Face" out of my DVD player. So much Lep so little time. By the way anyone ever read the book "Animal Instinct" by David Fricke from 1987? Damn good read. Also the video for "Me And My Wine" is frickin' hilarious!

The_Q said:
My favorite band is Def Leppard, although I love metal (especially power/prog) Def Leppard was the first "rock band" I ever got into.
Greenhorn!!!!!!!!

I'm like Dubya, I've got the OTtN and H&D on cassette and I liked Pyromania when it first came out, but then between them always being on MTV and constant radio airplay I burned out on it.

About a week ago I was watching Headbanger's Ball on MTV2 and got bored, so I flipped to VH1's Classic Metal show at the same time and they had hauled out a very old Def Leppard video "Let It Rock". Funny, I seem to watch that show more than HB (giggle).

Def Leppard is also my favorite band. They have been since I was a little girl when my mom and aunts would play Hysteria all the time. I grew up listening to it and it feels more like a personal part of me than a song by a band when I hear it. That cd will be 20 years-old next year! Wow!

Def Leppard is a quality example of a band that has matured over time to include modern trends yet still retain their originality and unique sound. They are seasoned, talented, professional musicians that have been doing this for decades, non-stop. I immediately and automatically buy anything they release.

Besides, their live shows kick ass!

~Tammy Z~

as a teenage metal chick in the mid-eighties, there was no way around being crazy for Def Leppard. Saw them at Nassau Colluseum -Long Island 87 or 89 ish. General admission "floor seats" before chairs, and staying put. ahhh. good times. And how many pairs of jeans did you shred trying to get those perfect multiple horizontal row, full of fringe holes in the jeans?

HAHAHA! Well, I can't marry you Q, but I will party with you at PP if you tell me which hotel will likely be the party-spot this year.. ?? I think it will be the Residence Inn, but you probably know better than I do.

~Tammy Z~