DEF LEPPARD's VIVIAN CAMPBELL Marries Longtime Girlfriend CAITLIN PHANEUF

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell married his longtime girlfriend Caitlin Phaneuf on Friday, July 4. He said: "We had a great ceremony featuring family and friends and the LEPPARD band and crew. So happy!"Phaneuf previously worked as a member of DEF LEPPARD's crew and spent time on the road with STEEL PANTHER.Campbell filed for divorce from his wife of 25 years, Julie Campbell, in November 2012. The couple married in February 1987 and have two young daughters, ages 15 and 13. Vivian will receive a stem-cell transplant in September after doctors discovered his cancer had returned.Campbell — who before joining DEF LEPPARD in 1992 was well known for his work with DIO and WHITESNAKE — went public with his Hodgkin's lymphoma diagnosis last summer, but announced in November that he was in remission.He said in a July 5 online posting: "I have to buzz cut my hair as I'm leaving most of it on my pillow due to the new chemo I just started. I'll be sporting a new 'do' [at the DEF LEPPARD show] in Irvine [on Saturday]."Campbell's health setback is not expected to affect the recording sessions for DEF LEPPARD's' next album, the follow-up to 2008's "Songs From The Sparkle Lounge", which is being laid down in several sessions.Campbell told a Florida radio station in April: "Our third and final instalment will be in November, to finish up the record. We're hoping for a release for early spring, 2015."

More...