Defeated Sanity - Passages Into Deformity

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
8161005873_64511c11da_b.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFNVM8VhLuE&feature=plcp[/ame]

Will be a contender for 2013 AOTY

Production is definitely much clearer than Chapters...

It will miss AJ though, his vocals were a perfect match for DS imo.

Hmm... so you've got noisy-ass brutal guitars with drums as pristine as a maiden's face. Already missing the sick production of Chapters, but at least the songs will be gutting.

Hmm... so you've got noisy-ass brutal guitars with drums as pristine as a maiden's face. Already missing the sick production of Chapters, but at least the songs will be gutting.

It's not necessarily the final mix... let's hope anyway, it's not bad, but I'd agree it's nowhere near as good.

Also, guitars sound exactly like they're from Butchered at Birth.

Seems they switched directions a bit. While I'd love a Repugnance part deux, the new stuff is more competent than a russian hacker. And I take back my words on the production - it's just perfect now.

You mean the production?
I can certainly see why people wouldn't like it, but the production on this new one and on Chapters... fits the music perfectly.

AOTY for me already, I seriously can't see anything being better than this.
This record is fucking stellar.

The way the theme at around 1:00 in "Lusting..." is introduced and then developed is insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome. Not much into the brutal stuff but I'm really liking this. The mix is nice because sometimes brutal stuff can be fatiguing. Thanks for the recommendation!

Dude, this album blew me away, definitely gonna be in my top album of the year list no matter what, I like how they are still brutal and technical as fuck but don't get so lost in weirdness as in the previous one, they actually have memorable riffs and vocal lines amongst the madness. Love it. And the production... HOLY FUCK. Couldn't get better for a band of this genre.

a pal from a band I recorded came over and brought the album to check out. nothing but praise forthe music or the mix. great stuff although not exactly my cup of tea, genre-wise. however, the master is so fucking loud, a good db louder than most modern loud metal productions.