Defects on new Aborym CD?

vkl

New Metal Member
Mar 3, 2003
Just bought a new Aborym CD ("With no human intervention") and found some annoying defects - clicks on several tracks. For example track 2, 6th second. It's very upset, especially considering how great this album is. What's the matter? Are these defects found in all edition?

I heard the skips you are talking about ... they were on the promo CD as well on the 2nd track ... not sure what to make of them.

Tought they were on my copy only.

Looking back at this ... I first thought the clicks were part of the music. They are a fraction of a second at most and certainly do not take away from the music.

It would be interesting to get an official word on this though. Malfeitor hangs out on the board ... maybe he can chime in.

But there is no way in hell that I am sending my copy back :)

Set ov Aborym writing...

Those are mastering errors done by the factory who printed the cds. And yes, is on all cds. We were very pissed off, as the master we delivered was perfect ...But the Sony factory who did the mistake is going to repair it. Yes.
So those who want to change their copy can do that as soon as they will provide the new copies.

Not that a few clicks can ruin such a special album anyway...

/S131

Set Teitan 131 said:
Set ov Aborym writing...

Those are mastering errors done by the factory who printed the cds. And yes, is on all cds. We were very pissed off, as the master we delivered was perfect ...But the Sony factory who did the mistake is going to repair it. Yes.
So those who want to change their copy can do that as soon as they will provide the new copies.

Not that a few clicks can ruin such a special album anyway...

/S131

Any idea when this might be? Mine is pretty damn fucked up..

Whatever happened with this? If I buy the new Aborym now, will it still come with the mastering defects or have all those bad copies since been revoked?

JayKeeley said:
Whatever happened with this? If I buy the new Aborym now, will it still come with the mastering defects or have all those bad copies since been revoked?

Well I have this album and have never noticed the defect....so it is not very substantial if it is even there.

Honestly this is kind of a menial topic....every album has a mastering defect of some sort. This is like every DVD has a glitch in it....it is a regular occurence in the mastering process and sometimes the flaw is more noticeable on some than others.

This defect should be of no importance on such an incredible album just as Set has said.....and if it does bother you than I am sure that Code 666 will take care of you once the album is repressed.