define the genre "metal"...

Trixxi Trash said:
I didn't say that. I said I think she has an idea of what she's talking about. I know where she's coming from...
I know where she's coming from also, and I agree in principle, but I still think it was a big call to make that today's bands aren't talented. It made her argument sound weak.

Yeah and all I said was that she doesn't have "no idea" because I know where she's coming from with her overall argument... whereas Josh took that one line out of the context of what she was trying to get across.

If someone makes a statement as moronic as that, I focus on it on the basis that it makes them an idiot and makes their whole arguement completly invalid.

Also, I understand where you are coming from, a place of self delusion and mindless lamentation of the past.

If you keep this up, I also know where you will be going, to a psychiatric ward.

The word "talent" encompasses alot more than skill & technical ability too though remember, so its not really a moronic statement...

If it's too subjective for it to be correct, then it is also too subjective for it to be incorrect. Therefore it's not moronic, it's her opinion...

Isn't what she meant was that the original 80's metal bands (i.e. the metal she likes) are way better than bands these days that try and do the same thing? I don't think she's trying to say it's better than ALL metal/music in general being made today, and if she does mean metal, then she did actually define what metal is to her, so in which case I'd be inclined to agree too. She's talking specifics, as in hard rock/metal (what she defines as metal anyway). It doesn't sound like some big sweeping generalisation to me at all, so what's the problem?

Trixxi Trash said:
If it's too subjective for it to be correct, then it is also too subjective for it to be incorrect. Therefore it's not moronic, it's her opinion...

Josh, you always seem to put people in their place whenever you try (unnecessarily at times) but this time Trixxi's got a fucking good point.

ceydn said:
Josh, you always seem to put people in their place whenever you try (unnecessarily at times) but this time Trixxi's got a fucking good point.

I know, hence my completely stumped arguement where I just insulted trent for shits and giggles :)

Kem's right. So is Josh. So is Trent and Chrissy. So am I. We are all metal, so how can we be wrong? We can be strong, we are fire and stone, and we all want to touch a rainbow. But singers and song can never change it alone, so we are calling you, calling youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Goreripper said:
Kem's right. So is Josh. So is Trent and Chrissy. So am I. We are all metal, so how can we be wrong? We can be strong, we are fire and stone, and we all want to touch a rainbow. But singers and song can never change it alone, so we are calling you, calling youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
What can I say that brought a tear to my Eye

Goreripper said:

Can we have a big round of applause for Steve Ravic? Thankyou very much.